|Birth name||Ramzan Irbaikhanov|
July 8, 1983 |
Khasavyurt, Dagestan, Russia
|Height||1.70 m (5.6 ft)|
|Weight||66 kg (146 lb)|
|Club||İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi S.K.|
|Coached by||Isac Irbaykhanov (from 1995)|
Ramazan Şahin (born Ramzan Irbaikhanov (Russian: Рамзан Ирбайханов), July 8, 1983) is a Russian - Turkish freestyle wrestler of Chechen descent, who has won a gold medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics. Member of the Istanbul-based club Tekelspor, he is 1.70 m (5.6 ft) tall and weighs 66 kg (146 lb). He transferred to İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi S.K..
Born in Khasavyurt in the North Caucasian federal subject Dagestan of the Russian Federation, he emigrated in 2005 to Turkey with the help of his uncle İshak İrbayhanov, manager of the Turkey national freestyle wrestling team. In 2006, Ramazan was naturalized with the initiative of Mehmet Ali Şahin, then Minister responsible for Sports and changed his family name to Şahin in respect of his patron.
- Ramazan Şahin Dünya Birincisi by Radikal, September 21, 2007 (Turkish)
- Ramazan Şahin ve Hakan Koç Güreşte Şampiyon by Anadolu Ajansı, February 11, 2007 (Turkish)
- "Olimpiyatlar ve İstanbul BB" (in Turkish). İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi S.K. 2012-02-20. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
- Amcasının Gururu Ramazan by Birgün, April 24, 2007 (Turkish)
- Öksüz Ramazan'ın Büyük Başarısı by Cihan Haber Ajansı, August 20, 2008 (Turkish)
|This biographical article relating to a Turkish sport wrestler or wrestling coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Turkish Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|