|Look up RAMBO, Rambo, rambo, bo, or ramn in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rambo is a surname with Norwegian (Vestfold) and Swedish origins. It possibly originated with ramn + bo, meaning "raven's nest". It has variants in French (Rambeau and Rimbaud) and German (Rambow). It is now best known from the Rambo franchise, whose protagonist was known simply as "Rambo" in the novel that inspired it, First Blood (1972), and then as John Rambo in the film series.
Rambo may also refer to:
Arts, entertainment, and media
- John Rambo, the main character from the Rambo franchise
- Mary Rambo, female character in Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- Rambo (franchise), starring Sylvester Stallone, commonly named after the main character
- Son of Rambow, a British comedy film inspired by First Blood
- Rambo (2012 film), an Indian comedy film
- Raambo 2, an Indian comedy film
- Rambo: The Force of Freedom, a 1986 animated series based on the Rambo franchise
- First Blood (novel), a 1972 novel by David Morrell
- Rambo: First Blood Part II, a 1985 novelization by David Morrell based on Rambo: First Blood Part II
- Rambo III, a 1988 novelization by David Morrell based on Rambo III
- Rambo Adventures, a 1986 Italian comic book series based on the Rambo franchise
- Rambo III, a 1989 comic book adaptation of Rambo III
- Rambo, a 1989 comic book series published by Blackthorne Publishing based on the Rambo franchise
- Rambo (1985 video game), based on Rambo: First Blood Part II
- Rambo: First Blood Part II (Master System video game), based on Rambo: First Blood Part II
- Rambo (1987 video game), based on Rambo: First Blood Part II
- Rambo III (video game), based on Rambo III
- Rambo III, based on Rambo III
- Rambo (2008 video game), based on Rambo: First Blood Part II and Rambo III
- Rambo: The Video Game, based on First Blood, Rambo: First Blood Part II and Rambo III
- Rambo Amadeus (born 1963), Serbian-Montenegrin rock musician
- John "Rambo" Arias, one of the hip hop trio 1 Life 2 Live
- Jorge Otero Barreto (born 1937), known as "the Puerto Rican Rambo"
- Niko Eeckhout (born 1970), Belgian cyclist nicknamed "Rambo"
- Trond Henriksen (born 1964), Norwegian football manager nicknamed "Rambo"
- Afzal Khan (actor) (born 1966), Pakistani actor also known as "John Rambo"
- Ronald "Rambo" Kim, American Counter-Strike player
- Florin Lambagiu (born 1996), professional kickboxer whose professional name is "Rambo"
- Julio César de León (born 1979), Honduran Soccer player nicknamed "Rambo"
- Alan McInally (born 1963), Scottish former soccer player and male model nicknamed "Rambo"
- Dejan Petković (born 1972), Serbian football player nicknamed "Rambo"
- Luc Poirier (born 1961), professional wrestler whose professional name is "Rambo"
- Aaron Ramsey, Welsh Arsenal football player nicknamed "Rambo"
- Bacarri Rambo (born 1990), American football player
- Buck Rambo, musician of The Rambos
- Cat Rambo (born 1963), American science-fiction and fantasy author and editor
- Christoffer Rambo (born 1989), Norwegian professional handball player
- Dack Rambo (1941–1994), American actor
- David Rambo (born 1955), writer, Americanactor and producer
- Dottie Rambo (1934–2008), Southern Gospel singer and songwriter of The Rambos
- John Rambo (athlete) (born 1943), American high jumper
- John Rambo (politician) (1661–1741), American politician, son of Peter Gunnarsson Rambo
- Ken-Yon Rambo (born 1978), American football player in the Canadian Football League
- Peter Gunnarsson Rambo (1612–1698), North American settler who introduced the Rambo apple
- Reba Rambo (born 1951), Southern Gospel singer of The Rambos
- Victor Clough Rambo (1894–1987), American physician
- Rambo Department, Yatenga Province, Burkina Faso
- Bridge Plaza, Brooklyn, a neighborhood in New York City, U.S., sometimes nicknamed "RAMBO" (for "Right Around the Manhattan Bridge Overpass")
- Icarus F99 Rambo, a Romanian ultralight aircraft
- Rambo apple, a fruit variety named for Peter Gunnarsson Rambo
- Robust associations of massive baryonic objects (RAMBO), a theoretical construct in astrophysics