|Owner||Government of Nepal|
|Operator||Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal|
|Serves||Manthali and Ramechhap, Nepal|
|Elevation AMSL||1,555 ft / 474 m|
Ramechhap Airport (IATA: RHP, ICAO: VNRC) is a domestic airport serving the municipality of Manthali, the district headquarters of Ramechhap District located in the Tamakoshi River valley in Bagmati Pradesh in Nepal
The airport was opened in October 1979. In 2015, the runway was renovated and upgraded from a grass/clay surface to concrete. In 2019, as the runway of Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu was being renovated and the airport was closed over night, all flights to Lukla were operated from Ramechhap Airport, the closest airport to Kathmandu, as these flights need to take off early in the morning to not get caught in dangerous winds in Lukla. However, the airport had serious problems handling the mass of tourists traveling to Lukla. Following this, plans were developed to upgrade the airport.
Airlines and destinations
|Sita Air||Charter: Kathmandu|
|Tara Air||Charter: Kathmandu|
The airport is located near Feeder Road 32.
Incidents and accidents
- 22 April 2019 – A Tara Air Dornier Do 228 aircraft skidded off the runway upon landing at Ramechhap Airport. Due to adverse weather, the flight from Tribhuvan International Airport to Lukla Airport was diverted to Ramechhap Airport. All of the crew and passengers evacuated the aircraft safely.
- Airport information for Ramechhap, Nepal (VNRC / RHP) at Great Circle Mapper.
- "Ramechhap Airport" (PDF). Civil Aviation Authority Nepal. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "Test Flight conducted after reopening of Ramechhap Airport". Aviation Nepal. 9 August 2016. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "Lukla flight operation from Ramechhap initiates today". Aviation Nepal. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "Domestic airline companies issue travel alert for passengers". The Himalayan Times. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "More than luck in Lukla". Nepali Times. 4 January 2019. Retrieved 12 April 2019.
- "Misery of Ramechhap Airport; sheer negligence of CAAN". Aviation Nepal. 8 April 2019. Retrieved 12 April 2019.
- "TAAN seeks Ramechhap airport upgradation". The Himalayan Times. Retrieved 5 October 2019.
- "Flight Schedule". Sita Air. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "Flight Schedule". Tara Air. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "Tara Air's Plane Slipped Off At Ramechhap Airport". Spotlight Nepal. 22 April 2019. Retrieved 1 November 2019.