|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genres||Doom metal, sludge metal, black metal|
|Years active||2003–2013 (hiatus)|
|Labels||Feto, Ritual Productions|
|Associated acts||Electric Wizard|
|Past members||Mark Greening
Ramesses was formed in February 2003 by Tim Bagshaw and Mark Greening (ex-Electric Wizard) with Adam Richardson formerly of Lord of Putrefaction, Spirmyard, and Hexed. They are currently unsigned. Their second album titled 'Take the Curse' was released in 2010.
In 2011 the band released their 3rd full-length album "Possessed By The Rise of Magick". The shortly followed it up with the studio/live EP "Chrome Pineal". It featured 3 new studio tracks and 3 live tracks recorded in 2007.
In 2012 it was announced that guitarist Tim Bagshaw had left the band. Tim had moved from England to the United States and formed the sludge / doom metal band Serpentine Path with all 3 members of the band Unearthly Trance. Mike Vest of the band Bong filed in on guitar for live performances.
On 29 January 2013 on their official website the band announced a "hibernation". It had also been stated on Mark Greening's Facebook page that he had quit the band in October 2012 to rejoin a previous band, which was later revealed to be Electric Wizard. Adam Richardson is working on a new project entitled 11Paranoias with Mike Vest of "Bong". Mark Greening was also a previous member of that project.
- Misanthropic Alchemy (2007)
- Take the Curse (2010)
- Possessed By The Rise Of Magik (2011)
- Promo 2003 (Demo, 2003)
- Negative Reaction/Ramesses Split (Split, 2004)
- We Will Lead You to Glorious Times (EP, 2005)
- The Tomb (Demo, 2005)
- "Lack of Almost Everything" cover of an Eyehategod song on the tribute album For the Sick (Song, 2007)
- Unearthly Trance/Ramesses split (10" Split, 2009)
- Baptism of the Walking Dead (EP, 2009)
- Chrome Pineal (2011)
- Ramesses (Single, 2004)
- Current members
- Adam Richardson - lead vocals, bass (2003–present)
- Former members
- Mark Greening - drums (2003-2012)
- Tim Bagshaw - guitars, backing vocals (2003-2012)
- Touring musicians
- Mike Vest - guitar (2012)
- "Possessed by the Rise of Magik". Metal Archives. Retrieved March 29, 2016.
- "Ramesses Chrome Pineal release date, tracklisting and cover unveiled!". Rarely Unable. Archived from the original on March 8, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2016.