Gershon with a fan.
|Full name||Rami Gershon|
|Date of birth||12 August 1988|
|Place of birth||Rishon LeZion, Israel|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back / Left back|
|1996–2008||Hapoel Rishon Lezion|
|2008–2010||Hapoel Rishon Lezion||36||(1)|
|2009–2010||→ Standard Liège (loan)||2||(0)|
|2010–2012||→ Kortrijk (loan)||43||(1)|
|2013||→ Celtic (loan)||3||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 April 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 24 March 2017
Rami Gershon (Hebrew: רמי גרשון; born 12 August 1988 in Rishon LeZion, Israel) is an Israeli footballer who plays as a centre back or left back for Jupiler League club K.A.A. Gent. He is also a member of the Israeli national squad.
Gershon began his career with Hapoel Rishon Lezion and joined on 6 July 2009 on trial to Standard Liège of the Jupiler League. After finishing the trial Liege loaned Gershon for one season with an option to buy him at the end which they eventually did at the summer of 2010 and immediately loaned him to K.V. Kortrijk for one season.
On 9 January 2013, Celtic's Chief Executive, Peter Lawwell announced that Gershon had signed a loan deal until the end of the season. On 9 February 2013, Gershon made his Celtic début away to Inverness CT in the Scottish Premier League, managing to score and put Celtic into a 1-2 lead, the match ended 1-3.
2014, the Belgian team KAA Gent transferred Rami to Belgium. He was quite quickly one of the players in the basic team, and he was a strongholder[clarification needed] in the 2015-Championship-team and a year later in the Champions League-campaign.
Gershon has won 10 caps for the Israel U21 and 21 caps for Israel. On 12 October 2010 Gershon made his debut for Israel in the 1-2 loss to Greece, in a Euro 2012 Qualifier. On 11 October 2011, Gershon scored his first goal for the national team in Israel's 2-0 away win over Malta, also in the Euro 2012 qualifiers. On 22 March 2013, Gershon scored against Portugal in Ramat Gan Stadium in the 3-3 draw.
- Scores and results list Israel's goal tally first
|1||11 October 2011||Ta'Qali Stadium, Ta' Qali||Malta||2–0||2-0||UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying|
|2||22 March 2013||Ramat Gan Stadium, Ramat Gan||Portugal||3–1||3-3||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- Standard: Rami Gershon, un défenseur israélien en test Archived 2010-04-01 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Rami Gershon joins Celtic". Celtic FC. Archived from the original on 20 December 2013. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- Conaghan, Martin (9 February 2013). "Celtic recovered from an early setback to clock up a comfortable win against Caley Thistle in Inverness". BBC Sport. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- Standard: ultime test ce matin (11h) avant l’écrémage LaCapital.be, 12 July 2009 (in French)
- Israel end on high in Malta UEFA.com, 11 October 2011
- Coentrão comes to Portugal's rescue in Israel UEFA.com, 22 March 2013