Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up ramification in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ramification may refer to:
- Ramification (mathematics), a geometric term used for 'branching out', in the way that the square root function, for complex numbers, can be seen to have two branches differing in sign.
- Ramification (botany), the divergence of the stem and limbs of a plant into smaller ones
- Ramification group, filtration of the Galois group of a local field extension
- Ramification theory of valuations, studies the set of extensions of a valuation v of a field K to an extension L of K
- Ramification problem, in philosophy and artificial intelligence, concerned with the indirect consequences of an action.
- Type theory, Ramified Theory of Types by mathematician Bertrand Russell
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ramification.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.