This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2023)
|Born||June 30, 1982|
California, United States
|Education||Stanford University (BA, MA)|
Ramit Singh Sethi (born June 30, 1982) is an American writer and self-proclaimed personal finance adviser. He is the author of the 2009 New York Times Best Seller, I Will Teach You to Be Rich and founder of GrowthLab.com, an online advertising advice website. He is also the owner and a co-founder of PBworks, a commercial wiki website.[failed verification]
Personal life and education
He attended Bella Vista High School in Fair Oaks, CA,. In 2004, he graduated from Stanford University with a Bachelor of Arts (Information & Society) in Science, Technology & Society with a minor in Psychology. In 2005 he received a Master of Arts in sociology (Social Psychology and Interpersonal Processes), also from Stanford.
Books, Podcast and TV
In 2009, Sethi released I Will Teach You to Be Rich. He re-released an updated version in 2019. The book was ranked #3 on the New York Times Best Sellers list in August 2023. He also hosts the podcast "I Will Teach You To Be Rich" in which he speaks with couples as they navigate financial stress. In April 2023, he released a Netflix series giving advice to people.
- "Ramit Sethi: The new finance guru on the block". New York: CNN Money. December 13, 2011. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- "Start, Build & Grow a Successful Online Business". growthlab.com. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- About PBWorks accessed 22 December 2012
- "Ramit Sethi: Did You Know?". South Asian Exec. January 11, 2011. Archived from the original on October 2, 2011. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- "Cassandra Campa, Ramit Sethi (Published 2018)". The New York Times. 29 July 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2022.
- Sethi, Ramit. "I've been writing about money for 15 years, and I can tell you too many couples talk about money all wrong". Business Insider. Retrieved 2021-11-11.
- Patton, Meiko (2016-02-08). "'I Will Teach You To Be Rich.' Here's How One Man Continues to Make Good on That Promise". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2018-09-20.
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich. 2022-07-01. ISBN 978-1-5235-0574-6.
- "Business Books - Best Sellers - Books - The New York Times". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2023-08-24.
- "I Will Teach You To Be Rich on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. 2023-08-22. Retrieved 2023-08-24.
- "How to Get Rich with Ramit Sethi: on Netflix April 18th". I Will Teach You To Be Rich. Retrieved 2023-08-24.
- IWillTeachYoutobeRich.com, Ramit Sethi's blog
- Kimes, Mina (Dec 13, 2011) "Ramit Sethi: "The new finance guru on the block" Fortune
- Lieber, Ron (May 4, 2012). "How to Raise a Financial Wizard". New York Times
- Schifrin, Matt (June 24, 2013). "Ramit Sethi: How To Force Yourself To Go To The Gym" Forbes
- Kimberly Palmer (March 2009). "Ramit Sethi: Yes, You Can Still Be Rich". Alpha Consumer (Usnews.com).
- Cullen, Terri (March 3, 2005). "Blogs Expose Personal Finance: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly". WSJ.com. Retrieved March 3, 2005.