Ramon Magsaysay, Zamboanga del Sur
Map of Zamboanga del Sur with Ramon Magsaysay highlighted
|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Province||Zamboanga del Sur|
|District||1st district of Zamboanga del Sur|
|Founded||February 13, 1957|
|• Mayor||Leonilo D. Borinaga Sr.|
|• Total||113.70 km2 (43.90 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||230/km2 (610/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)62|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Electorate||15,632 voters as of 2016|
The municipality was formed on February 13, 1957, out of 23 barrios of the Municipality of Aurora, and was originally called Liargao. It was renamed after Philippine president Ramon Magsaysay who created the municipality by virtue of Executive Order Number 239. Republic Act Number 2788 marked the renaming of Liargao to Ramon Magsaysay on June 19, 1960.
Ramon Magsaysay is politically subdivided into 27 barangays.
- Bagong Opon
- Bambong Daku
- Bambong Diut
- Campo IV
- Campo V
- Eastern Bobongan
- Lower Sambulawan
- San Fernando
- Santo Rosario
- Sapa Anding
- Upper Laperian
|Population census of
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 12 May 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Province: ZAMBOANGA DEL SUR". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Executive Order No. 239: Creating the Municipality of Liargo in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur". Official Gazette. Manila, Philippines: Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office. February 13, 1957. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Republic Act No. 2788 - An Act Changing the Name of the Municipality of Liargao in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur to Ramon Magsaysay". Philippine Laws, Statutes & Codes. Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. June 19, 1960. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Zamboanga del Sur". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|This article about a location in Zamboanga Peninsula region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|