Ramon S. Ang
Ramon S. Ang (born January 14, 1954) is a Filipino businessman. He is the Vice-Chairman, President and Chief Operating Officer of San Miguel Corporation (PSE: SMC). He is also Chairman of Cyber Bay Corporation (PSE: CYBR). As of 2013, his net worth was estimated at $260 million.
Ang was elected Vice-Chairman of San Miguel Corporation in January 1999; and in March 2002, its President and Chief Operating Officer. In June 2012, Ang gained control of San Miguel Corporation after acquiring the shares owned by Eduardo Cojuangco, Jr.
In June 24, 2014, GMA Network, Inc. announced that Ang will acquire a minority interest in the company in his personal capacity. On November 14, 2014, GMA Network reported that the share purchase agreement was in the final stages, following delays caused by scrutiny over minute details. In a May 14, 2015 news report, GMA Network chairman Felipe Gozon said that the deal has not yet been finalized. On June 23, 2015, GMA Network announced that the negotiations has been terminated, to the surprise of Ang.
News articles in 2014 related to the GMA Network deal also mention of Ang's reported acquisition of a minority interest in Solar Entertainment Corporation (also in his personal capacity), however, no formal announcement was ever made.
- Cathy Rose A. Garcia (1 August 2013). "Ang, Araneta make it to PH rich list; 9 tycoons 'poorer'". ABS-CBN. Retrieved 5 November 2013.
- "Ramon Ang takes full control of San Miguel Corporation | Inquirer Business". Business.inquirer.net. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Ramon Ang's Privado Holdings buys 3.44 million San Miguel shares │ Money │ GMA News Online". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Ramon Ang: Why Is The San Miguel "Ownership" So Controversial ?". The EQualizer Post. 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- Agustin, Victor C. (2014-01-13). "COCKTALES | Inigo Zobel is largest San Miguel shareholder, more than twice bigger than Ramon Ang". Interaksyon.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Ramon Ang on minority stake in GMA Network: ‘It’s a done deal’ │ Money │ GMA News Online". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Ramon S. Ang vows to be just passive stockholder in GMA7 | mb.com.ph | Philippine News". mb.com.ph. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "GMA’s Gozon: Purchase agreement with Ramon Ang ‘in the homestretch’ │ Money │ GMA News Online". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "GMA's Gozon on Ramon Ang deal: 'The ball is no longer in our court' │ Money │ GMA News Online". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "GMA-Ramon Ang talks collapse". Rappler.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- Jon Carlos Rodriguez. "GMA: Termination of Ang buy-in talks not abrupt". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- [dead link]
- "Ramon Ang 'very, very interested' in GMA Network -Gozon | Business, News, The Philippine Star". philstar.com. 2014-05-05. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Ramon Ang buys 30% of GMA Network". Rappler.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
|This business-related biographical article from the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|