||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Born||Ramon Pramod Junior Tikaram
16 May 1967
|Years active||1994 – present|
Early and personal life
Born in Singapore, Tikaram is the son of Fijian-Indian British Army soldier Pramod Tikaram and Sarawakian mother Fatimah Rohani. His younger sister is singer-songwriter Tanita Tikaram. Tikaram is the great-nephew of Sir Moti Tikaram who was the first Lord Chief Justice of an independent Fiji and the world's longest serving national ombudsman.
In 1992, Tikaram had a recording contract and released two singles followed by the album Chill and Kiss, the latter with musicians including brothers Bill and Ian Nelson on guitar and sax respectively.
In October 2009, it was announced that Tikaram would appear in the BBC One soap opera EastEnders. He played the part of Qadim Shah, father of the already established character Amira Shah. He appeared on-screen in the role from 17 December 2009 to 29 April 2010 in two separate stints, he returned on 6 September 2011 but left again and returned on 6 January and left again. Tikaram also provided voice acting for the character of Gabe Weller in the 2009 video game Dead Space: Extraction.
- Johnny's Coming Home (1992) German release DSB (Deutsche Schallplatten GmbH Berlin)
- Hey! (1992) German release DSB (Deutsche Schallplatten GmbH Berlin)
- Chill and Kiss Bill Nelson guitar, Ian Nelson sax on some tracks (1992) German release DSB (Deutsche Schallplatten GmbH Berlin)
Selected film credits
Selected television credits
- Krakatoa: The Last Days
- Man Down
- The Mighty Boosh
- Mile High
- Moving On
- My Spy Family
- This Life
- Green, Kris (16 October 2009). "'This Life' actor Tikaram joins 'Enders". Digital Spy. Retrieved 16 October 2009.
- The King and I
- Garcia, Elio (19 August 2012). "Two More for S3: Ramon Tikaram, Dan Hildebrand Join Cast". westeros.org. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- Ramon Tikaram at the Internet Movie Database
- BBC News Online: "This Life's Ferdy not coming back" from October 2006