Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi
|Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi|
|Directed by||Seema Pahwa|
|Written by||Seema Pahwa|
|Music by||Sagar Desai|
|Edited by||Dipika Kalra|
|Distributed by||UFO Moviez|
Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi  is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language family drama film directed by Seema Pahwa and produced by Jio Studios and Drishyam Films. It features an ensemble cast of Naseeruddin Shah, Vikrant Massey, Konkona Sen Sharma, Parambrata Chatterjee, Vinay Pathak, Supriya Pathak, Manoj Pahwa, and Vineet Kumar. The film also marks the directorial debut for actress Seema Pahwa,  who also wrote the film, based on her own play, Pind Daan.
The film premiered at the Mumbai Film Festival on 17 October 2019. It was released theatrically on 1 January 2021. The movie received Critically Acclaim Response from the critics who praised the story, screenplay, performances, themes and the family dynamic at play.
Ramprasad's entire family gathers at their ancestral home in Lucknow  for 13 days after his death, to perform and observe the Hindu traditions and death rituals called the tehrvi. During the course, the family’s dynamics, politics, and insecurities come out, and then they realise that the importance of people and things are only evident in retrospect.
- Naseeruddin Shah as Ramprasad (Bauji)
- Supriya Pathak as Amma (Ramprasad's wife)
- Konkona Sen Sharma as Seema (Nishant's wife)
- Parambrata Chattopadhyay as Nishant aka Neetu (Ramprasad's youngest son)/ Young Ramprasad
- Vikrant Massey as Rahul (Gajraj's son)
- Manoj Pahwa as Gajraj (Ramprasad's eldest son)
- Vinay Pathak as Pankaj (Ramprasad's third son)
- Vineet Kumar as Mamaji (Amma's brother)
- Deepika Amin as Sushma (Gajraj's wife)
- Ninad Kamat as Manoj (Ramprasad's second son)
- Brijendra Kala as Prakash (Rani's husband)
- Alka Kaushal as Sheila (neighbour)
- Sadiya Siddiqui as Pratibha (Pankaj's wife)
- Rajendra Gupta as Tauji (Ramprasad's elder brother)
- Divya Jagdale as Sulekha (Manoj's wife)
- Anubha Fatehpura as Rani (Ramprasad's elder daughter)
- Sarika Singh as Dhaani (Ramprasad's younger daughter)
- Manukriti Pahwa as Bitto (Sheila's daughter)
- Sawan Tank as Samay (Manoj's son)
- Neivan Ahuja as Saksham
- Shrikant Verma as Basant (Dhaani's husband)
- Yamini Das as Mamiji
- Mahesh Sharma as Vinod (Tauji's driver)
- Pushpa Joshi as Bua Ji (Ramprasad's elder sister)
- Sanah Kapur as Young Amma
The film was premiered at Mumbai Film Festival in Mumbai on 17 October 2019.
The film was released theatrically on 1 January 2021.
Anupama Chopra, Editor-in-Chief of Film Companion, wrote, "Ram Prasad ki Tehrvi is a family drama bursting with taujis, chachis, bhabhis, and nanads. But no one in this vast tableau is shortchanged. Each character is distinctive and nursing unique wounds. When they all gather after their father – the titular Ram Prasad – dies, the gloves come off. But the arguments, old hurts, and bitchy asides don’t lead to any earth-shattering confrontation. There are no villains here. Just the understanding that human beings are flawed, relationships are fragile and yet, we must strive, as best as we can, to be happy."
- "About Us". Drishyam Films. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
- "UFO Moviez forays into film distribution". Exchange4media. 22 December 2020. Retrieved 22 December 2020.
- Desk, IBT Entertainment (3 January 2019). "Photograph, Pind Daan, Yours Truly: Most awaited Indie films to look forward to in 2019". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
- "Most Awaited Indie Films to Look Forward to in 2019". News18. 3 January 2019. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
- Varma, Lipika (7 June 2019). "Relationships are overrated: Konkona Sen Sharma". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
- "Seema Pahwa to debut as director with film starring Naseeruddin Shah, Konkona Sen, Manoj Pahwa- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 2 August 2018. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
- "Don't Get as Many Offers as I Used to, I think it's Because I'm Older Now, Says Konkona Sensharma". News18. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
- "Nanihal Lko, films, theatre and Manoj Pahwa". Hindustan Times. 25 March 2019. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
- Ram Prasad
- "Mumbai Academy of Moving Image - ProgrammeDetail Site". Mumbai Film Festival.
- "Seema Pahwa's directorial debut, Ram Prasad ki Tehrvi, to premiere at Mumbai Film Festival". The New Indian Express.
- "Seema Pahwas Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi to release on January 1". Outlook India. 19 December 2020.
- "The film Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi is an engrossing drama"
- Chopra, Anupama (1 January 2020). "Ramprasad ki Tehrvi Movie Review". Film Companion. Retrieved 6 January 2020.