Rampurhat Junction railway station
|Regional Rail, Indian Railway, Rapid Transit|
The front gate built as a eminent temple Tarapith
|Location||Rampurhat, Birbhum district, West Bengal
|Elevation||37 metres (121 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railway|
|Operated by||Eastern Railway|
|Structure type||At Ground|
Rampurhat railway station one of the busiest railway station in eastern india , station code RPH, is the railway station serving the city of Rampurhat in the Birbhum district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Rampurhat Station is connected to Kolkata, New Delhi Chennai Bangalore Mumbai Hyderabad Guwahati Ranchi . Many express and passengers trains pass through the Rampurhat station. It is located at . It has an average elevation of 37 metres (121 ft). Nearest important railway junction is Bardhaman Junction and Asansol Junction. Number of Halting Trains: 86 Number of Originating Trains: 23 Number of Terminating Trains: 23
|A video of Rampurhat Station|
The major facilities available are Waiting rooms, computerized reservation facility, Reservation Counter, 2 Wheeler Vehicle parking. The vehicles are allowed to enter the station premises. The station also has STD/ISD/PCO Telephone Booth, ATM Counter, Toilets, Tea Stall and Book Stall. It also has a NON-AC Retiring room which can be booked online through http://irctc.co.in and also at the Office of the Senior Booking Clerk situated on PLatform 1.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2012)
Rampurhat station has 3 platforms and 2 more proposed. It is a standard on ground structure with roof. The platforms have to foot-over bridges.
The nearest airports to Rampurhat Station are:
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata 205 kilometres (127 mi)
- Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi 299 kilometres (186 mi)
- Gaya Airport 328 kilometres (204 mi)
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport, Patna
- Official website of the Birbhum district
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Rampurhat
- "List of Locations (Irrespective Of States) Where Computerized Reservation Facilities Are Available". Official website of the Indian Railways. Archived from the original on 3 July 2013. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Major passenger amenities available in stations over Asansol Division". Commercial Information. Official Website of the Eastern Railway. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Rampurhat Railway Station". onefivenine.com. Retrieved 31 March 2012.