Ramrajatala Railway Station
|• Body||Howrah Municipal Corporation|
|• Official||Bengali, English, Odia|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||+91 33 2627,2657|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Howrah|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Shibpur|
|Civic agency||Howrah Municipal Corporation|
|Avg. summer temperature||35 °C (95 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||15 °C (59 °F)|
Ramrajatala a neighborhood of the city of Howrah, in Howrah district of West Bengal, India. The name of the area comes from the presence of a Mandir dedicated to Lord Rama and the months long worship undertaken by thousands of people every year at the temple. This tradition of worship of Lord Rama here has continued for centuries.
Ramrajatala is one of the oldest parts of the city of Howrah. It is famous for the ancient Rama Mandir where Sri Rama is worshiped annually. The ceremonies last for nearly four months starting on Rama Navami in the Hindu month of Chaitra, lasting until to the last Sunday of Shraavana. The area is a densely populated within the city of Howrah. It has a small but very important railway station. There is also a famous Industrial Training Institution in Howrah Homes near the railway station. A large number of students travel from nearby villages and towns through the station. An important road, the Kona Expressway, passes nearby connecting Mumbai Road NH6 with Second Hooghly Bridge to Kolkata. This is important connection for transportation to Kolkata as well as to different suburban area like Domjur, Bagnan, Amta, Bally and Digha. The area is in need of development in domains, such as drainage system because waterlogging is a major problem in this part of Howrah, road improvements, the most important, in the view of many residents,[who?] is the need of a flyover at Ramrajatala railway crossing. The bus route is 52 no. which runs between Ramrajatala to Howrah Station/Esplanade in every five minutes. And the minibus runs from Ramrajatala to Rajabazar near science college. The famous screen actor comedian Late Bibhu Bhattacharya stayed there. A four-month-long Ram Puja happens in Ramrajatala. The place is named Ramrajatala because of this.
Places of interest
- Rama Mandir. A fair is held during the four-month-long puja. This is popular, particularly during the bisarjan (immersion ceremony) that is the last journey on the last Sunday in Shraavana.
- Shankar Math. A Shankaracharya Temple with a Gurukul styled school having a residential ashram for the poor and homeless students.
- Lake Land Country Club, on Kona Exp Road. Great place to enjoy with family in any occasion. Previously known as Rashid Park.
- Santragachhi Jheel, that attracts many migratory Siberian birds such as lesser whistling duck from December to February every year.
Some of the localities in Ramrajatala which interest visitors are:
- Khaer Bagan
- Doser Pallee
- Dumur Jala Stadium - An indoor stadium with plays host to several prominent talent hunt contests.
2. Bhanumati Balika Bidyalaya
3. Augustine's Public School
4. Maria's Day Ramrajatala Station Road
5. Vikramshila Academy
8. Jigacha Smile Welfare Society Vocational Training Institute at Jagacha 9.Howrah Rabindra Vidyamandir (H.S.)