Ramsay Conservation Park
|Ramsay Conservation Park|
IUCN category VI (protected area with sustainable use of natural resources)
|Nearest town or city||Port Vincent|
|Established||14 February 2008|
|Area||1.45 km2 (0.6 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Department of Environment and Water|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Ramsay Conservation Park is a protected area in the Australian state of South Australia located in the Yorke Peninsula in the locality of Ramsay about 6.5 kilometres (4.0 miles) west-northwest of the town of Port Vincent.
The conservation park consists of crown land in "Allotment 10 of Deposited Plan 72948" of the cadastral unit of the Hundred of Ramsay. It came into existence on 14 February 2008 by proclamation under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972. On the same day, a separate proclamation ensured that “certain existing and future rights of entry, prospecting, exploration or mining” permitted under the state’s Mining Act 1971 and Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Act 2000 would apply to the extent of the conservation park. As of 2018, it covered an area of 1.45 square kilometres (0.56 sq mi).
The following statement of significance appears in its management plan:
Ramsay Conservation Park (147.2 hectares; proclaimed in 2008) is a small park in the Minlaton-Curramulka Threatened Habitat Area. Its dominant vegetation is sheoak and mallee, with very low woodlands and a grassy understorey. It occurs in a high priority bioregion and conserves some species of conservation significance, including the nationally and state endangered Jumping-jack Wattle (Acacia enterocarpa), which has not been recorded thus far in any other National Parks and Wildlife Act reserves on Yorke Peninsula.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (refer 'DETAIL' tab )". CAPAD 2016. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Search results for 'Ramsay Conservation Park' with the following datasets selected – 'Suburbs and Localities', 'NPW and Conservation Boundaries' and 'Gazetteer'". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian Government. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "National Parks and Wildlife (Ramsay Conservation Park) Proclamation 2008". The South Australian Government Gazette. South Australian Government. 14 February 2008. p. 499. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "Protected Areas Information System Reserve List" (PDF). Government of South Australia. 9 March 2018. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- "Mainland Conservation Parks of Yorke Peninsula Management Plan 2009" (PDF). Department for Environment and Heritage. p. 2. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "National Parks and Wildlife (Ramsay Conservation Park—Mining Rights) Proclamation 2008". South Australian Government Gazette. South Australian Government. 14 February 2008. p. 494. Retrieved 29 April 2018.