Ramsay Health Care
|Traded as||ASX: RHC|
Number of locations
|Australia, United Kingdom, France, Indonesia, Malaysia|
Number of employees
Ramsay Health Care is a provider of private healthcare in the UK, Australia, France, Indonesia and Malaysia founded by Paul Ramsay. It was established in Sydney, Australia in 1964. The company specialises in surgery, rehabilitation and psychiatric care. In May 2018, Ascension the private, tax-exempt, nongovernmental health system in the United States partnered with Ramsay Healthcare, in a new global supply chain venture.
Ramsay Health Care is the largest private provider of hospitals in Australia with more than 100 health facilities in operation. The company is competing for a tender for the design, construction and management of a new 423-bed hospital on Sydney's Northern Beaches with the country's other large private health provider Healthscope. It owns and operates the Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital which was opened on 4 November 2013.
Ramsay Health Care first acquired hospitals in France in 2010 and together with its partner Crédit Agricole Assurances, grew to a total of 40 hospitals across France, before acquiring a controlling interest in the market leader – Générale de Santé and its 75 facilities in 2014.
Ramsay Générale de Santé is the largest private hospital group in France with 121 facilities (110 hospitals) making it the market leader in that country.
Paul Ramsay signed a joint venture in March 2013 with Malaysian conglomerate Sime Darby to combine Ramsay's three Indonesian hospitals with Sime's three in Malaysia, with plans to expand throughout Southeast Asia.
Ramsay Health Care UK - a network of 22 private UK hospitals, 9 treatment centres and 3 neurological units, offering a range of treatments from hip replacements to knee replacement surgery and cosmetic surgery to weight loss surgery. It provides a number of Independent sector treatment centres for the English NHS. In 2007, Capio was acquired by Ramsay Health Care.
- Health care in Australia
- Health care in the United Kingdom
- List of hospitals in Australia
- Health care
- Health care provider
- Philips, Deborah; Garry Whannel (2013). The Trojan Horse: The Growth of Commercial Sponsorship. A&C Black. pp. 247–248. ISBN 1472508386. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Ascension and Ramsay Health Care partner on a new supply chain venture". www.healthcareglobal.com. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- Buckis, Claire (2005). Nursing: NSW/ACT. Career FAQs. p. 24. ISBN 1921106093. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Ramsay lines up against Healthscope". Sidney Morning Herald. 14 January 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "About Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital". Ramsay Health Care. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Jacquin, Jean-Baptiste (2014-06-11). "La Générale de santé passe sous contrôle australien pour 945 millions d'euros". Le Monde.fr (in French). ISSN 1950-6244. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "Aussie Entrepreneurs Love The Lure Of Asia's Thriving Middle Class". Forbes Asia. 29 January 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2014.