|Real name||Ramsey Luna|
|Rated at||Super Featherweight|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (180 cm)|
|Reach||72 in (183 cm)|
October 5, 1991 |
Corpus Christi, Texas
|Wins by KO||5|
On May 21, 2010, due to some early knockouts on the ESPN Friday Night Fights card, Ramsey had the unusual opportunity to become one of the few boxers to make his professional debut on national television. Ramsey's four round fight against Rene Luna (no relation), a local Laredo, Texas boxer also making his professional debut, was action-packed and extremely well received – being described as "the best fight of the night, and one of the best televised fights you're going to see this year".
Ramsey Luna knocked down Rene during a frenzied exchange in the first round, and a free-for-all punch-a-thon took place for the rest of the round. The action did not cease for the rest of the fight, going to the judges' scorecards, which were 40-35, 39-36, and 39-36, all for Ramsey. Though ESPN's Teddy Atlas criticized Ramsey's habit of sticking his tongue out after stepping away from hand-to-hand exchanges as potentially a very dangerous habit, Atlas was impressed with Ramsey's boxing ability and hand speed as well as his age - making several references to the fact that Ramsey was still in high school at the time of the fight.
- "Kim Stoppage Win Advances Him Towards Title Shot - Boxing News". Boxingscene.com. 2010-05-22. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- "BoxRec Boxing Records". Boxrec.com. 2010-05-21. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Christ, Scott (2010-05-22). "Friday Night Fights: Ji Hoon Kim, Ruslan Provodnikov win big". Bad Left Hook. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- "Featured Articles - Kim Blasts Diaz in One; Provodnikov Halts Augustus in Nine". Max Boxing. 2010-05-22. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Mier, Javier (2010-05-28). "Luna vs. Luna". ESPN Deportes. Retrieved 2010-07-26.