|Education||Undergraduate & masters degrees, Computer Science, Harvard University|
MBA, Stanford University
|Occupation||Founder and CEO, Snip.it|
Originally from Egypt, Adeeb founded Snip.it in spring 2011 while looking for a way to share relevant information regarding the Arab Spring uprisings. As of Sept. 2012, Snip.it had about 20,000 registered users who create content and 100,000 who browse it. Average time spent on the site as of Sept. 2012 was 12 minutes compared to 5.23 minutes spent on the average website.
Early life and career
The son of engineers, Adeeb started writing software at 12. A year later, he built a database to manage a large Egyptian corporation's employee records. The database crashed when it surpassed tens of thousands of records, which Adeeb later said taught him an early lesson in the importance of building to scale.
Adeeb holds bachelor's and master's degrees in Computer Science from Harvard University and an MBA from Stanford University, where he was an Arjay Miller Scholar. He is the co-founder of the Harvard Arab Alumni Association and the Stanford GSB Middle East and North Africa Club.
At Tellme Networks, Adeeb led the enterprise engineering group and oversaw development of more than 30 products. Adeeb is the author of a number of patents in VoiceXML application development. Tellme Networks was sold to Microsoft in 2007 for $800 million. He remained at Microsoft for less than a year before going to Stanford for his MBA.
Adeeb was a principal at venture capital firm Khosla Ventures, where he worked with noted investors Vinod Khosla and Pierre Lamond on such investments as Square, Groupme (acquired by Skype), and Ness Technologies. He has served on the boards of such companies as Ness Technologies and Storify.
- "Yahoo Buys Snip.it, The Pinterest-Meets-News Startup, For $10 Million Plus Earnouts". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-07-10.
- Yarow, Jay. "Finding The Logic Behind Marissa Mayer's Monster Acquisition Spree". Business Insider. Retrieved 2020-07-10.
- Guyunn, Jessica. "Ramy Adeeb is helping people share what interests them online". Business. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 15 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Dishman, Lydia. "Meet Snip.It Founder Ramy Adeeb, Who's Debunking Web-Induced A.D.D." Innovation Agents. Fast Company. Retrieved 15 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Yahoo Buys Snip.it, The Pinterest-Meets-News Startup, For $10 Million Plus Earnouts". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-05-11.
- Thomas, Owen. "Yahoo Has Acquired Snip.it, And The Startup Dealmaker Who Launched It". Business Insider. Retrieved 2020-05-11.
- "Ramy Adeep". CrunchBase. TechCrunch. Retrieved 15 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kirkpatrick, Marshall (26 September 2011). "After Building $800m Voice Platform, TellMe Engineer Gets Funding for Social Bookmarking Startup". ReadWriteWeb. Retrieved 15 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)