Paul Ray Ramsey
Paul R. Ramsey
|Born||1963 (age 54–55)|
|Other names||ramzpaul, RamZPaul|
|Occupation||Vlogger, YouTube personality, public speaker|
The New York Times has described Ramsey as a "popular alt-right internet personality" and Media Matters for America and The Forward called him a "White Nationalist". However, Ramsey has repeatedly denied being a White Nationalist. According to the Swiss Basellandschaftliche Zeitung Paul Ramsey belongs to the 9 most important representatives of the alt-right. He has been a speaker at the American Renaissance Conference.
According to economic journalist Philipp Löpfe, Ramsey uses comedy to convey a far-right message. He caused controversy with a tweet involving Kelly Marie Tran, who played Resistance mechanic Rose Tico in the 2017 movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
In 2016 Ramsey was a featured speaker at a November 2016 National Policy Institute conference, an organization founded by alt-right spokesman Richard B. Spencer. However, following the National Policy Institute's 2016 conference, Ramsey, "a blogger who flirts with white nationalism," disassociated himself from Spencer because of Spencer's Nazi associations, saying, "You don't want to tie your brand to something that's ultimate evil."
- Marso, Andy (September 28, 2016). "Young white nationalist seeks foothold in Kansas politics". Kansas Health Institute.
- Gray, Rosie (December 28, 2015). "How 2015 Fueled The Rise Of The Freewheeling, White Nationalist Alt-Movement". BuzzFeed.
- Kirkland, Allegra (May 24, 2016). "Great White Hope: Trump Unites Generations Of White Nationalists". Talking Points Memo.
- Sheffield, Matthew (November 23, 2016). "Man who did Nazi salute with Tila Tequila outside Richard Spencer's alt-right conference is Jewish, and it's causing problems". Salon.
- Drum, Kevin (November 23, 2016). "A Toxic Resentment of Women Helps Power the Alt-Right". Mother Jones.
- Brian, Paul Rowan (August 29, 2016). "Hillary Clinton Needs To Stop Promoting The Alt-Right". The Federalist.
- Fausset, Richard (November 18, 2016). "As Trump Rises, So Do Some Hands Waving Confederate Battle Flags". The New York Times.
- Hananoki, Eric (July 20, 2016). White Nationalists Love Trump’s Convention: “GOP Is Becoming The De Facto White Party”. Media Matters for America.
- Kestenbaum, Sam (November 2, 2017). How White Nationalists Are Dominating YouTube, The Forward.
- Daniel Huber (11/24/2016), Nationalismus – Wer steckt hinter Alt Right? Die 9 wichtigsten Vertreter der US-Rechtsradikalen, (i.e. Nationalism – Who is behind the Alt-Right? The 9 most important representatives of the American Radical Right), Basellandschaftliche Zeitung.
- Philipp Löpfe (08/31/2016), Die Rechtsextremen entdecken die Comedy (i.e. Right-Wing Extremists discover Comedy), watson.
- Birken, Maxime (05/06/2018). "L'actrice Kelly Marie Tran de "Star Wars" supprime toutes ses photos Instagram", HuffPost.
- (06/06/2016) "Star Wars actress Kelly Marie Tran deletes Instagram posts after abuse", BBC.
- Gais, Hannah (December 11, 2016). "Cucking and Nazi Salutes: A Night Out With the Alt-Right". Newsweek.
- Schreckinger, Ben (January 2017). "The Alt-Right Comes to Washington". Politico. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- Ramsey, Paul Ray (December 13, 2017). "RAMZPAUL and The Unz Review". Ramzpaul.com.
|This article about an American entertainer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|