Rana Husseini is a Jordanian journalist and human rights activist who exposed honour crimes in Jordan and campaigned for stronger legal penalties against perpetrators. She became a published author in 2009 with her book, Murder in the Name of Honor: The True Story of One Woman's Heroic Fight Against An Unbelievable Crime (Oneworld Publications).
Husseini has been an active journalist and activist since 1993, when she began working for The Jordan Times. Her work caused the 1998 formation of the National Jordanian Committee to Eliminate so-called Crimes of Honor and influenced the 2007 fatwa in Jordan stating that honor killings are against religious law. She has served as a regional coordinator for the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) and as an advisor to the U.S. government-funded human rights organization Freedom House.
She has received multiple local and international awards including: a medal from Jordan's King Abdullah II in 2007, the Ida B. Wells award for Bravery in Journalism in 2003, the Human Rights Watch Award in 2000, the Reebok Human Rights Award in 1998, and the MEDNEWS prize award for best article in 1995. She is also featured in Kerry Kennedy's book Speak Truth to Power: Human Rights Defenders Who Are Changing Our World.
She is currently a senior reporter at The Jordan Times.
- "PBS-Speak Truth to Power-Telling Stories". www.pbs.org. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- Rana., Husseini (2009). Murder in the name of honor : the true story of one woman's heroic fight against an unbelievable crime. Oxford, England: OneWorld. ISBN 978-1851685974. OCLC 405330738.
- "Jordan says 'honour killing' is against Islam". The National. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- "Rana Husseini Website - Biography". www.ranahusseini.com. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- "Rana Husseini". berkleycenter.georgetown.edu. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- Kerry., Kennedy (2000). Speak truth to power : human rights defenders who are changing our world. Adams, Eddie, 1933-2004., Richardson, Nan. (1st ed.). New York: Crown Publishers. ISBN 1884167330. OCLC 44167106.