Ranbir Singh Pora
|Ranbir Singh Pura|
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Founded by||maharaja ranbir singh|
|• Type||Provincial Vice President/MLA|
|Elevation||270 m (890 ft)|
|• Secondary||Dogri, Punjabi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
The main economic activities of Ranbir Singh Pura are agriculture and dairy farming. Rice (basmati) and wheat are major crops, and beseem[clarification needed] and vegetables are also grown. The Rakh area of Badyal Brahmana and Arnia are very famous for vegetable farming. Ranbir Singh Pura has many[quantify] rice mills for the processing of high-quality Basmati rice.
The main tourist destination is Grahana Wetland, where migratory birds from temperate zones of Asia come to enjoy the beautiful landscape. The main town is self-sufficient, containing department stores, garment showrooms, sweets and confectionery, and a fresh fruit and vegetable open market. Apart from these, healthcare services, a post office, nationalized banks (JKB, SBI, PNB, PSB), and private sector banks like HDFC, ICICI are also present. State Bank of Patiala, another nationalized Bank has opened its branch in 2013.
The major educational institutions of Ranbir Singh Pura are SKUAST-Veterinary College, Govt. Degree College, and Govt. Higher Sec School. The city also possesses many[quantify] centers of primary and secondary education.
At the time of the 2001 India census, Ranbir Singh Pura had a population of 13,563. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Ranbir Singh Pura has an average literacy rate of 70%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 77%, and female literacy is 63%. In Ranbir Singh Pura, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Hindu 90.52%, Sikh 5.97%, Muslim 1.70%, 
- Darshan singh azad,Provincial Vice President of JAMMU AND KASHMIR NATIONAL CONFERENCE,and CHAIRMAN OF JUDICIAL committee Rs Pura.He is one of the senior leader of the state since 1982 after resigning State Government civil service.He is also a richest person of Rs Pura.
- Naib Subedar Bana Singh P.V.C., who was awarded the Param Vir Chakra, the highest wartime gallantry medal in India. His designations include Asst. Director, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India; Secretary, Defence Services Officers Institute, New Delhi. He was awarded VISHISHT SEVA MEDAL by the President of India. was inducted as a Cabinet Minister in J&K Government in 1986 and worked in different portfolios including Forest, Tourism, and Health & Medical Education.
The town once had a train station on the Jammu-Sialkot Line. Currently, bus services are available for reaching to Jammu City.
- "GOVT. DEGREE COLLEGE R.S. PURA JAMMU". www.gdcrspurajammu.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Ranbirsinghpura, India".
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- General, India Office of the Registrar; Zutshi, J. N. (1 January 1972). "Census of India, 1971: Series 8: Jammu & Kashmir". Manager of Publications – via Google Books.