Ranchuelo municipality (red) within
Villa Clara Province (yellow) and Cuba
|• Total||556 km2 (215 sq mi)|
|Elevation||125 m (410 ft)|
|• Density||106.2/km2 (275/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
The town is divided into the barrios of Norte, Poza de la China, Sitio Viejo and Sur. The municipality counts the town proper (with 16,804 inhabitants) and the consejos populares (i.e. "popular councils", mainly villages and hamlets) of Carlos Caraballo, Castaño, Conyedo, Diez de Octubre, Esperanza, Horqueta-Delicias, Ifraín Alfonso (also known as Central Santa María), Jicotea, Osvaldo Herrera (also known as Pastora), Rancho Grande-Jagua and San Juan de los Yeras. Esperanza, the most populated hamlet, is located on the "Carretera Central" state highway.
- Guije.com. "Ranchuelo" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2007-10-09.
- Statoids (July 2003). "Municipios of Cuba". Retrieved 2007-10-09.
- Atenas.cu (2004). "2004 Population trends, by Province and Municipality" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-10-09.
- (Spanish) Ranchuelo (town) on EcuRed
- (Spanish) Consejos populares of Ranchuelo
Media related to Ranchuelo at Wikimedia Commons