Rand, West Virginia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Street scene in Rand in the 1970s
Location in Kanawha County and state of West Virginia.
|• Total||0.461 sq mi (1.19 km2)|
|• Land||0.461 sq mi (1.19 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|• Density||3,500/sq mi (1,400/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
Rand is a census-designated place (CDP) on the Kanawha River in Kanawha County, West Virginia, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,631. It is surrounded by the communities of Malden and DuPont City.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 493.
- Year: 1940; Census Place: Malden, Kanawha, West Virginia; Roll: T627_4416; Page: 32B; Enumeration District: 20-111
- Bieler, Des (November 12, 2014). "What we learned from ESPN's '30 for 30′ on Randy Moss". The Washington Post. Retrieved March 27, 2016.
- McGarry, Tim (September 17, 2012). "Randy Moss remembers his roots with Rand University". USA Today. Retrieved March 27, 2016.
|This article about a location in Kanawha County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|