Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel
|Randall Children's Hospital|
Randall Children's Hospital tower
|Location||Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in Oregon|
Randall Children's Hospital is the children's hospital at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland in the U.S. state of Oregon. Formerly Legacy Emanuel Children's Hospital, it was renamed in 2011 during construction of the new 165-bed patient tower.
Emanuel started what it originally called the Children's Hospital in 1960. Ronald McDonald House Charities opened a house at the hospital in 1997. Construction on a new nine-story tower for the hospital began in 2007. The $250 million project was designed by ZGF Architects and includes the first emergency department in the state only for pediatrics. The new 334,000-square-foot (31,000 m2) separate structure was built by Hoffman Construction. In September 2011, the Robert D. and Marcia H. Randall Charitable Trust donated $10 million to Legacy Health for the new facility, which was then renamed as the Randall Children's Hospital. The new tower opened in February 2012.
Randall Children's Hospital offers a variety of pediatric services including burns, oncology, dentistry, ENT, emergency medicine, eye care, orthopedics, surgical, a neonatal ICU, audiology, urgent care, sleep disorders, rheumatology, and radiology, amongst others.
The 334,000-square-foot (31,000 m2) tower that houses the hospital was designed by ZGF Architects and built by Hoffman Construction. The nine-story building contains 165 private rooms, plus a day surgery area with 22 beds.
- "Legacy Health Profile". Legacy Health. September 17, 2010. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "Ronald McDonald House Charities celebrates 20 years in Portland". Portland Business Journal. July 16, 2004. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Webber, Angela (May 11, 2011). "Legacy's children's hospital will stick out on the east side". Daily Journal of Commerce. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Staff (September 21, 2011). "Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel gets new name". FOX 12. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- Jackson, Reed (March 15, 2012). "Legacy renovates former pediatric space into intensive care units". Daily Journal of Commerce. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Jacklet, Ben (March 14, 2013). "Legacy to open new ICUs after a year-long renovation". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "For Children A-Z". Randall Children's Hospital. Legacy Health. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Randall Children´s Hospital / ZGF Architects". Selected Works. ArchDaily. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- Carter, Dan (October 26, 2010). "Children's hospital at Emanuel topped out". Daily Journal of Commerce. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- Childrens Hospitals website, at http://www.childrenshospitals.net//AM/Template.cfm?Section=Overview241 .
- "Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel – Portland, OR," June 29, 2012, in Healthcare Design online, at http://www.healthcaredesignmagazine.com/article/randall-childrens .
- Soulful Living website, at http://www.soulfulgiving.org/the-foundation .