Randall Poster is an American music supervisor and a long-term collaborator with Wes Anderson. He worked on the films Skyfall (2012), The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) and The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014), as well as the TV series Vinyl (2016).
Passionate about music and film, he started as a music supervision sourcing songs for a script he co-wrote with a friend at the Sundance Institute. In 2011, Poster's work on the Boardwalk Empire soundtrack earned him a Grammy Award for Best Compilation Soundtrack.
The Guardian defined Randall's soundtracks as "simply great jukeboxes." He is the founder of the music supervision company Search Party sourcing music for film, TV, advertisement and branded content. In advertising, his credits include Prada, Jimmy Choo and Calvin Klein.
- "7 Perfectly-Scored Wes Anderson Scenes". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- Hinckley, David (2016-04-14). "Randall Poster Talks About Mixing the Music for Vinyl -- and Offers a First Listen to a Kip Stevens Playlist". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- "We Spoke to the Man Who Soundtracks Wes Anderson's Movies - Noisey". Noisey. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- Schwachter, Jeff. "A Grammy for Atlantic City: 'Boardwalk Empire' Soundtrack Wins Grammy". Atlantic City Weekly. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- Wise, Damon (2007-12-08). "Knowing the score". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "Home". Search Party Music. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- "Castello Cavalcanti". Prada.com. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
|This biographical article related to music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|