April 27, 1962 |
Long Island, New York, United States
|Spouse(s)||Cindy Crawford (m. 1998)|
Rande Gerber (born April 27, 1962) is an American entertainment industry businessman and former model. He founded nightlife companies Midnight Oil and the Gerber Group. A bar and nightlife industry entrepreneur, his portfolio has consisted of restaurants, bars and lounges worldwide. In 2014, he launched "Gerber Spirits".
Gerber grew up in Hewlett, Long Island, New York. He has two brothers and a half sister Sophie. He graduated in 1980 from Hewlett High School. He attended the University of Arizona and graduated with a BA in marketing.
Gerber was a pioneer of South Beach nightlife, opening his second bar, The Whiskey, on Ocean Drive in 1991. He is credited with the “hotel bar” concept (Whiskey Blue, Whiskey Park, The Penthouse, Midnight Rose, Stone Rose and SkyBar Los Angeles). He partnered with George Clooney and Discovery Land Company CEO/founder Michael Meldman to launch Casamigos Tequila.
Casamigos Tequila currently produces a Blanco and a Reposado. It made its U.S. debut in January 2013, and is sold in every major U.S. market. Recent awards and ratings include winning the Gold Medal from the Los Angeles International Spirits Competition, the coveted five-star rating from BevX magazine, an “A” rating from Good Spirit News and “Excellent” rating for Casamigos blanco and reposado at this year's Ultimate Spirits Challenge. Oprah Winfrey named Casamigos as her favorite tequila in 2013; the brand was featured in the "O-List" in the August 2013 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine.
Casamigos followed the launch of Caliche Rum, a super‑premium white rum introduced in March 2012, which he developed with Roberto Serrallés of Destileria Serrallés—a renowned sixth generation family owned rum business. Caliche was recently named World's Best Tasting Aged White Rum by the Beverage Tasting Institute and received a 93 Point rating from The Tasting Panel magazine.
Gerber is the son of Ellen Peckman and Jordan Gerber. He married model Cindy Crawford on May 29, 1998. The couple have two children, Presley Walker (born July 2, 1999) and Kaia Jordan Gerber (born September 3, 2001).
On Wednesday, July 8, 2015, IMG Models signed Kaia Gerber to her first modeling contract. She has previously modeled alongside her mother, Cindy Crawford, when she was 10, and has appeared in a Young Versace campaign. She appeared in the December 2014/January 2015 episode of Teen Vogue, where she discussed auditioning for acting roles.
- "Gerber Spirits". Gerber Spirits. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- Profile, worldsrichpeople.com; accessed September 18, 2014.
- "Gerber Group". Gerberbars.com. 2014-04-09. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- "Everything Cigar by General Cigar Company". Cigar World. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- "About Casamigos Tequila". casamigostequila.com. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- Ultimate Spirits Challenge; accessed September 18, 2014.
- "Sipping Pretty". Oprah.com. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- "About CalicheRum". calicherum.com. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- Caliche infosite, meganeileenmcdonough.com; accessed September 18, 2014.
- Anne-Marie O'Neill (1999-07-19). "Cindy's Joy - Birth, Birth Announcements, Cindy Crawford, Rande Gerber". People.com. Retrieved 2014-06-04.