|25th Director of the United States Secret Service|
|Assumed office |
April 25, 2017
|Deputy||William J. Callahan|
|Secretary||John F. Kelly|
|Preceded by||Joseph Clancy|
|Succeeded by||James M. Murray (designate)|
|Acting Deputy Commissioner of the|
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
January 2017 – April 25, 2017
|Preceded by||Kevin McAleenan|
|Succeeded by||Ron Vitiello (acting)|
|Born||1954 (age 64–65)|
|Education||Texas A&M University|
Naval War College
|Branch/service||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||ca. 1976–2011|
|Battles/wars||Operation Iraqi Freedom|
Randolph D. "Tex" Alles (born 1954) is the 25th Director of the United States Secret Service. He previously served as the acting deputy commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, as well as in the United States Marine Corps, in which he reached the rank of major general.
Early life and education
Alles held positions in both the Marine Corps and joint combatant commands. He is a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, commanding Marine Aircraft Group 11 and Third Marine Aircraft Wing. He retired as a major general.
Alles retired from the Marine Corps in 2011, after 35 years of military service, and joined U.S. Customs and Border Protection the following year. During his time with CBP, he served as the Deputy Executive Assistant Commissioner for Air and Marine Operations (AMO) until he was appointed Executive Assistant Commissioner for AMO in early 2013 until being appointed as acting Executive Assistant Commissioner of CBP's Enterprise Services in October 2016 before ultimately being appointed as Deputy Commissioner of CBP in January 2017. 
On April 25, 2017, President Donald Trump appointed Alles as Director of the U.S. Secret Service. On April 8, 2019, CNN reported that Trump was preparing to remove Alles from office.  Later that day, the White House confirmed Alles would be leaving at the end of April. Trump had grown disgruntled with Tex, and referred to him as Dumbo.
- "Retired Gen. Randolph 'Tex' Alles to lead Secret Service". UPI.
- "Director of the United States Secret Service: Who Is Randolph Alles?". AllGov.
- "Trump's Anticipated New Secret Service Director Was A 'Top Gun' Fighter Pilot". The Daily Caller.
- "Randolph D. Alles" (PDF). U.S. House of Representatives. July 14, 2015. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Lisbon, Bill (June 27, 2002). "Findings released on KC-130 crash in Pakistan". U.S. Marine Corps. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Fandos, Nicholas (April 25, 2017). "Randolph Alles, Retired General, Is Chosen to Lead Secret Service". The New York Times. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- Beavers, Olivia (April 24, 2017). "Randolph Alles to be Next Secret Service Director: Report". The Hill. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- Boyer, Dave (April 25, 2017). "Trump Taps Retired Marine to Lead Secret Service". The Washington Times. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- "Trump Appoints Randolph Alles as New Secret Service Director". Fox News. April 25, 2017. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- "Director – Randolph D. Alles". United States Secret Service. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- CNN, Jake Tapper, Evan Perez and Betsy Klein. "Trump is removing US Secret Service director". CNN. Retrieved 2019-04-08.
- Breuninger, Kevin (2019-04-08). "Secret Service Chief is fired: NBC News". CNBC. Retrieved 2019-04-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Randolph Alles.|