Randy Bush (scientist)
Randy Bush is a member of technical staff at Arrcus and a research fellow at Internet Initiative Japan. He was among the inaugural inductees into the Internet Hall of Fame in 2012, given by the Internet Society.
Bush has been working in the computer industry since 1966. He began with Languages and Compilers but for the past few decades has been working in the Internet industry.
Bush was the senior engineer of the Verio founding team in the late 1990s, and worked there for five years as the Vice President of IP Networking. He was the Principal Engineer at RAINet in the early 90s, which was later acquired by Verio at which time he joined Verio. He was the founder of the Network Startup Resource Center and worked there as a PI.
Bush has served as a member of the IESG. At APNIC, he has been the Routing SIG Co-Chair, Policy SIG Co-Chair, and the Fees Working Group Chair. He was the chair of the ACM Internet Governance Committee. Mr. Bush also co-founded the Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders' Constituency within ICANN's DNSO.
Bush was a chair of the IETF Working Group on the DNS for a decade and has been the Co-Chair of the IETF. Randy has been influential in setting up Internet networks in South Africa. He has also served as a Corporate researcher at AT&T for more than a year.
- Into the Future with the Internet Vendor Task Force A Very Curmudgeonly View or Testing Spaghetti — A Wall’s Point of View at Archive.psg.com
- A Basic FidoNet(r) Technical Standard Revision 16
- Profile: RAINet
- A list of all of his publications.
- Ryan Singel (April 23, 2012). "The Internet Gets a Hall of Fame (Including Al Gore!)". Wired.com. Retrieved April 28, 2012.
- Randy Bush (November 1999). "Root Name Server Operational Requirements". IETF. Retrieved August 8, 2015.
- Louis Touton (October 23, 2000). "Letter to Anthony R. Kinney, Lawyer for Economic Solutions, Inc. (ESI)". ICANN. Archived from the original on September 10, 2011.
- "IANA — Report on the Redelegation of the .NG Top-Level Domain". Iana.org. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- "Internet fool's gold sparks Nigerian fiasco". Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- "Speakers - APRICOT 2010". Apricot.net. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- "Caslon Analytics, ICANN and the UDRP: Money". caslon.com.au. Archived from the original on May 2, 2013. Retrieved August 8, 2015.
- "ICANN Fellowship at San Juan, Part 3 | Historia de Internet en América Latina y el Caribe". Interred.wordpress.com. 2007-06-28. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- Patrick Thibodeau (2001-11-14). "ICANN warned of its own vulnerabilities". Computerworld. Retrieved 2015-07-27.