Randy Jones (singer)
Jones at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Ribbon of Hope 2007 Celebration.
September 13, 1952 |
Raleigh, North Carolina
|Associated acts||Village People|
He attended William G. Enloe GT/IB Center for the Humanities, Sciences, and the Arts in Raleigh, North Carolina and graduated in 1970. While there, he was a founder of Enloe's Drama Club, which was then called Amicus Scaena, Latin for "friend of scene" or "friend of theatre." He then studied at North Carolina School of the Arts before moving to New York.
Jones had a marriage ceremony with his boyfriend of 20 years, Will Grega, at a New York City club on May 7, 2004. Although the marriage was not legally binding at the time, as gay marriage was still illegal in New York State, Jones commented, "It's only a matter of time before the courts rule in favor of what's morally right and humanly decent." The pair had published a book together in 1996, titled Out Sounds: The Gay and Lesbian Music Alternative.
- Menconi, David (August 7, 2005). "The cowboy way". Raleigh News and Observer, p. G1.
- Legge, Charles. A Don deal on football shirts, Daily Mail December 17, 2011
- Rashbaum, Alyssa (May 11, 2004). "Village People's Cowboy Ropes Himself A Husband". mtv.com. Retrieved November 28, 2010.
- Grega, Will; Jones, Randy (1996). Out Sounds: The Gay and Lesbian Music Alternative. New York, NY: Pop Front Books. ISBN 0-9639871-7-8.
- POSTAL 3 Characters at Running With Scissors official website.