February 22, 1955 |
Brooklyn, New York
|Occupation||President of the New York Yankees (2000-present)|
He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from George Washington University in 1977 and a J.D. from Hofstra University School of Law in 1980. Levine sits on the Board of Trustees at George Washington University. He is a member of the New York Bar. Randy is a 1973 graduate of Oceanside High School in Nassau County on Long Island.
Levine served as principal associate deputy attorney general and principal deputy associate attorney general at the U.S. Department of Justice during the Reagan administration. He resigned in 1988.
After five years in private practice, he served as New York City’s Labor Commissioner from 1994-1995.
He was the chief labor negotiator for Major League Baseball and negotiated the 1996 MLB labor agreement.
He left Major League Baseball to become New York City’s Deputy Mayor for Economic Development, Planning and Administration from 1997 to 2000. In January 2000, he announced his resignation from Rudy Giuliani's administration, citing a return to private practice; he was named president of the Yankees the next day.
President of the New York Yankees (2000-present)
He is also Of Counsel with the national labor and employment law firm Jackson Lewis P.C. 
In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016 Levine won Emmy Awards as Executive Producer for YES Network's Forbes SportsMoney show.
Levine met his wife, Mindy Franklin, while both serving the U.S. Department of Justice. Franklin is the founder and director of The Yankees Universe Foundation for pediatric cancer research. They reside in Manhattan and also on their farm in Pawling, New York with their five dogs Zion, Otto, Little Rock Doc, Miss Lucy and Jemimah. They also have four horses, including two quarterhorses named Hanukah Harry and Olaf, the former runaway NYC carriage horse Oreo (now named Orion) and a mule rescued from a kill pen auction named Jitterbug. The Levine have cows, as well, including two Charolais heifers and a Hereford-Angus cross. Levine also has a champion show dog Labrador Retriever named Hedgelawn's Sharper Image aka Mitch.  Levine is very active in animal rescue efforts and is a proponent of equine therapy for military veterans.
- "Yanks have new president". The Cincinnati Post. 2000-01-06. p. 2C.
- Who's Who In America - 2009 (63 ed.). Marquis Who's Who. 2008.
- Bodley, Hal (1996-03-20). "Baseball finds tireless fighter in Levine". USA Today. p. 6C.
- "Venture Capitalist George A. Coelho, M.B.A. '77; New York Yankees President Randy L. Levine, B.A. '77'; and Real Estate Entrepreneur Steven C. Roberts". States News Service. 2008-06-19.
- Firestone, David (1995-09-19). "Labor Chief for Giuliani To Leave for Baseball Job". The New York Times. p. B3. Retrieved 2009-07-18.
- "The Power 100" (4053). BusinessWeek. 2007-10-08. pp. 52–57.
- "Bundlers, John McCain". OpenSecrets.org. Retrieved 2009-07-18.