February 22, 1955 |
Brooklyn, New York
|Alma mater||The George Washington University|
|Occupation||President of the New York Yankees (2000-present)|
He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from George Washington University in 1977 and a J.D. from Hofstra University School of Law in 1980. Levine sits on the Board of Trustees at George Washington University. He is a member of the New York Bar. Randy is a 1973 graduate of Oceanside High School in Nassau County on Long Island.
Levine served as principal associate deputy attorney general and principal deputy associate attorney general at the U.S. Department of Justice during the Reagan administration. He resigned in 1988.
After five years in private practice, he served as New York City’s Labor Commissioner from 1994-1995.
He was the chief labor negotiator for Major League Baseball and negotiated the 1996 MLB labor agreement.
He left Major League Baseball to become New York City’s Deputy Mayor for Economic Development, Planning and Administration from 1997 to 2000. In January 2000, he announced his resignation from Rudy Giuliani's administration, citing a return to private practice; he was named president of the Yankees the next day.
President of the New York Yankees (2000-present)
He is also Of Counsel with the national labor and employment law firm Jackson Lewis P.C. 
In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016 Levine won Emmy Awards as Executive Producer for YES Network's Forbes SportsMoney show.
Levine resides in Manhattan and also on his farm in Pawling, New York with his wife Mindy Franklin and their six dogs Zion, Otto, Zbiggy Pierogi, Miss Lucy, Jemimah and Pearl V. He also has five horses, including two quarterhorses, Hanukah Harry and Olaf, the former runaway NYC carriage horse Oreo (now named Orion) a Shire draught rescue named Fiona and a mule rescued from a kill pen auction named Jitterbug. Levine has cows, as well, including two Charolais heifers and a Hereford-Angus cross. Levine also has a champion show dog Labrador Retriever named Hedgelawn's Sharper Image aka Mitch.  Levine is very active in animal rescue efforts and is a proponent of equine therapy for military veterans.
Fun Fact: Randy Levine has a sandwich named after him at the Parm restaurant on the Upper West Side. The ingredients include char siu pork and italian fries, two of Randy's favorite foods. 
- "Yanks have new president". The Cincinnati Post. 2000-01-06. p. 2C.
- Who's Who In America - 2009 (63 ed.). Marquis Who's Who. 2008.
- Bodley, Hal (1996-03-20). "Baseball finds tireless fighter in Levine". USA Today. p. 6C.
- "Venture Capitalist George A. Coelho, M.B.A. '77; New York Yankees President Randy L. Levine, B.A. '77'; and Real Estate Entrepreneur Steven C. Roberts". States News Service. 2008-06-19.
- Firestone, David (1995-09-19). "Labor Chief for Giuliani To Leave for Baseball Job". The New York Times. p. B3. Retrieved 2009-07-18.
- "The Power 100" (4053). BusinessWeek. 2007-10-08. pp. 52–57.
- "Bundlers, John McCain". OpenSecrets.org. Retrieved 2009-07-18.