Martin at the People's University in Washington Square Park on November 8, 2011
|Born||October 5, 1957|
|Died||January 28, 2015 (aged 57)|
New York City, US
|Occupation||professor, scholar, dancer|
|Alma mater||CUNY Graduate Center|
|Thesis||Seeds of Desire: The Common Ground of Performance and Politics (Culture, Theater, Dance) (1984)|
|Doctoral advisor||Stanley Aronowitz|
|Sub-discipline||Marxism, Dance theory|
|Institutions||Tisch School of the Arts|
|Main interests||Financialization, dance, debt, Marxism|
Educated as a sociologist but with a background as a dancer, Martin's scholarship addresses intersections between art and politics. In Financialization of Daily Life, Martin examines how the shift toward financialization in the economy of the United States has subsequently affected culture, with a particular attention paid to the control of inflation and stimulation of economic growth.
- Martin, Randy (December 4, 2001). On Your Marx: Relinking Socialism and the Left. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press. ISBN 0816638969.
- Martin, Randy (October 18, 2002). Financialization Of Daily Life. Labor in Crisis. Philadelphia: Temple University Press. ISBN 1439912246.
- Martin, Randy (March 14, 2007). An Empire of Indifference: American War and the Financial Logic of Risk Management. a Social Text book. Durham: Duke University Press. ISBN 978-0822339960.
- Martin, Randy (April 17, 2015). Knowledge LTD: Toward a Social Logic of the Derivative. Philadelphia: Temple University Press. ISBN 978-0816638963.
- "Martin, Randy, 1957-2015 - LC Authority Name File". the Library of Congress. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Randy Martin, 1957-2015". News from Duke University Press. Duke University Press. January 30, 2015. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- Martin, Randy (1984). Seeds of Desire: The Common Ground of Performance and Politics (Culture, Theater, Dance) (Thesis). ProQuest Dissertations Publishing. ProQuest 303287579.
- "Randy Martin". Socialism and Democracy Online. Journal of the Research Group on Socialism and Democracy. August 10, 2016. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- Green, Allyson (February 1, 2015). "Randy Martin Obituary". The New York Times. New York, New York. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- "Financialization of Daily Life - Randy Martin". Temple University Press. Temple University. 2015. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|