|Oklahoma State Representative|
29 September 1969 |
|Children||Elizabeth Terrill and Randal Terill|
|Alma mater||University of Central Oklahoma
OU Law School
Oklahoma state Representative Randy Terrill is a representative of Moore, Oklahoma, who is known for authoring HB1804, an anti illegal immigration bill and an English language-only bill known as HJR 1042 that was scheduled to be voted on November 1, 2010.
Representative Terrill is a key figure in the 2010 Oklahoma political corruption investigation. On November 4, 2011, a judge ruled that there was sufficient evidence to warrant a trial of Terrill for bribery. Terrill was found guilty of bribery in connection with the 2010 Oklahoma political corruption investigation concerning the Office of the Oklahoma Chief Medical Examiner in which he bribed State Senator Debbe Leftwich (D-Oklahoma City) to give up her seat so State Representative Mike Christian (R-Oklahoma City) could run for it instead. On October 29, 2013, a jury convicted Terrill of bribery and recommended he receive a sentence of one year in prison and a $5,000 fine. Christian and Leftwich were not charged.
- Terrill's support of Fields draws GOP fire » Local news. The Norman Transcript (2006-12-06). Retrieved on 2011-10-27.
- randyterrill.us. randyterrill.us (1969-09-29). Retrieved on 2011-10-27.
- Real Immigration Reform Clears House. Oklahoma House of Representatives. May 1, 2007
- Oklahoma – HJR 1042. Usenglish.org. Retrieved on 2011-10-27.
- Oklahoma House of Representatives – Latest Media News Story (Esc to Close). Okhouse.gov (2009-04-09). Retrieved on 2011-10-27.
- http://www.newok.com November 4, 2011, Judge Rules sufficient evidence for bribery trial by Nolan Clay 
- newsok.com, Former Oklahoma Rep. Randy Terrill found guilty of political bribery charge, Oklahoma County jurors chose a punishment of one year in prison and a $5,000 fine by Nolan Clay, October 29, 2013 
|This article about an Oklahoma politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|