This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ranebennur City Municipal Council
|Nickname(s): Gate Way of North Karnataka|
|• Total||42.32 km2 (16.34 sq mi)|
|Elevation||604 m (1,982 ft)|
|• Density||2,117.63/km2 (5,484.6/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||KA-27 KA 68 Ranebennur New RTO number|
Ranebennuru is the City Municipal Council in Haveri district in Karnataka, India. It is situated 300 kilometres (190 mi) northwest of Bengaluru, the capital of Karnataka. Other nearby cities include Hubli (108 km), Shimoga (88 km), and Davangere (37 km).
Ranebennuru is at the geographical center of Karnataka.  It has an average elevation of 605 metres (1,985 ft). One of Karnataka's most important rivers – the Tungabhadra – flows along the southern border of Ranebennur taluk. Another river, the Kumadvathi, which originates from Madagh Masur Lake flows from Hirekerur taluk, enters Ranebennur taluk, and joins the Tungabhadra river..
The nearest airport is at Hubli, 108 km from Ranebennur. From there one can reach Bengaluru and Mumbai by flight. The nearest international airport is 300 km away, in Bengaluru. Ranebennur is connected with most of the metros like Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai through regular trains.
Being situated on National Highway NH4, the city enjoys good bus services. It is a 1.5 hour drive from Hubli (105 km) and 5 hour drive from Bengaluru (300 km). Most buses travelling between North Karnataka and South Karnataka pass through Ranebennur.
As of 2011[update] India census, Ranebennur has a population of 106,365. Males constitute 50.7% of the population and females 49.3%. Ranebennur has a literacy rate of 60.98%, higher than the national average of 59.5%. Male literacy is 60.16% and female literacy is 61.8%. In Ranebennur, 10.8% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The bulk of the population is engaged in agriculture and related activities. Cotton and jowar (sorghum) are very well suited to the semi-arid climate. Coconut, brinjal, maize, betel leaves, and tomatoes are the other crops grown here. Much of the agricultural output is dependent on the southwest monsoon and hence gets challenging at times. the Upper Tunga project, if completed, will be a boon for the farmers in this region. Sericulture (rearing of silkworms) is growing in popularity among the farmers. Mulberry plants are grown and silkworm larvae are fed cut-up mulberry leaves. This is a labour-intensive activity and hence well suited to this region.
Ranebennur is home to a rich commodity market. Commodities like cotton yarn, cotton seed, oil seeds, red chilli, betel nut, and betel leaf are traded. Ranebennur has a seed multiplication industry. Several seed companies are located and operating in the city. Ranebennur is also known for its wholesale cloth market and all type of wholesale business.
Sarees is also a very vast market at Ranebennur. Sha Sukhraj Mithalal Sarees and M/S Manohar Textiles on MG road is one of the biggest and oldest merchant of sarees and has a vast collection. Just when the village started expanding this store was established around the late twentieth century.
Ranebennur is well positioned to be the industrial hub of old Dharwad district, as it is positioned on the river and has access to National Highway NH4 and State highways SH26, SH57, and SH76. Some of the major industries are
- Shri Venkateshwara Agro Traders
- Sri Balaji Seeds
- Shri Srinivas Agro Traders
- Grasim Industries of Aditya Birla Group – textiles, chemicals, fibre, iron, cement (Kumarapatna)
- Ramco Industries – cement (Karur)
- MUDRANA BHARATI INC., (Polymer Stamp, Preink Stamp Machine, LED Display Boards manufacturer) Gandhi Galli, Ranebennur 9448309948
- Mahyco – seeds
- Suraj Seeds Pvt. Ltd.
- Chirag Seeds Corporation
- Orison Hybrid Seeds
- Synthite Industries Limited (Kavalettu)
- Kancor Colours Limited (Byadgi)
- South India Tiles
- Tunga Bhadra Co-Operative Ginning Mill (Kamadod)
- Farmers Co-Operative Ginning Mill (Hanumanamatti)
- Meerambika enterprises (meera minerals, ranibennur)
- Ankur Seeds Pvt Ltd.
- ಶ್ರೀನಿವಾಸ ಹೋಂ ಅಪ್ಲಾಯನಸ್ಸ ಪಿ.ಬಿ ರಸ್ತೆ ರಾಣೇಬೆನ್ನೂರು
Ancient ruined Temples we can notice near Honnatti
- Devagudda Mailarappa one of the famous Temple situated on the top of hill name call Devagudda
- Narasapur Ancient ruined Temple
- Ranebennur Wildlife Sanctuary
- Ranibennur Blackbuck Sanctuary
- Shree Ambabhavani Temple Doddapeth Ranibennur
- Shree Siddeshwara Temple at Siddeshwara Nagara Ranibennur
- Shree mallikarjuna temple... kote road
- Hazarat jamalshawali Dargah at Dargha Circle Centre of the city
- Sayed Sadatsha Wali Dargah at halgeri Cross
- Madressa Darullum Gulshane Taiba Boys(Killa Masjeed)
- Zanana Arabic Madressa Only Ladies
- Aduvi Hanumappa Temple (5 km)
- Adishakthi Temple at Vageesh Nagar
- Shri Guru Kottureshwara Temple at Kottureswara Nagar
- Shri Guru Lekkadeshwara & Veerabhadreshwara Temple at Kote near Guttal stand, Ranabennur.
- Beerappa Temple at Kurubageri
- Ayyappa Swamy Temple-1 at Eshwar Nagar
- Ayyappa Swamy Temple-2 at Pampa Nagar
- Banashankari Temple at Banashankari Nagar
- Basavanna Temple at Doddapete
- Choudeshwari Temple at Choudeshwari Nagar
- Shri Sumatinath Jain Swetambar Jain Temple
- Shri Shiradi Sai Baba Temple Sri ram nagar Ranebennur
- Shree Lakshmi Narasimha Temple(100 years old ) on Kote road
- The holy Brindavana of Shri Satyabhijna Teertha and an idol commomerating Sri Vidyadhisha teertha (brindavana actually located at Ekachakranagara) situated on Kote Road, in the premises of Shri Narasihma temple.
A Royal historical family 'Haribal' resides here in Fort of Ranibennur . It is the birthplace of Helavanakatte Giriyamma. She is a worshipper of lord Shree Ranganatha. Her temple is found in Malabennur.
- Gudi Honnatti is famous for ruined Temple site morethan 4 , Temple n Fort is need to be renovate.
- Shree Mallikarjuna Temple and Shree Basaveshwara Temple at Kuravatti; Built in 12th century by Kallyana Chalukkyas king Veera Ballala -II and it is holy place for Veerashaiva religions
- Shri Tulajabhavani Temple, Devaragudda Road, Near Guttal Stand, Ranebennur
- Mahalsa Marthanda Bhairava Malatesh Temple at Devaragudda
- Qila masjid - one of the oldest and grand mosque situated in the fort area of Ranebennur
- Joisaraharalahalli, birthplace of Sree Hanagal Kumaraswamiji
- Anjaneya Temple at Kadaramadalagi
- Sri Beeralingeshwara temple at halageri road
- The Temple of Mukteswara at Chaudayyadanapura; built in the 11th or 12th century in the Jakkanachari style
- Veerabhadreshwara Temple at Rattihalli
- Karibasaveshwara Temple (Ajjayya) at Ukkadagatri
- Sri Bhairaveshwara Temple at Bhairanapada, Tumminakatti
- Madagh Masur Lake
- Galaganatha Temple
- Mailara Lingeshwara Temple at Mailara
- Harihareshwara Temple at Harihar
- Airani Fort
- Margada Durgadevi Temple Kavalettu
- Abalur: birthplace of Sarvagnya, a 16th-century Kannada poet
- Mallari Temple at Gudda Guddaapura
- Balligavi: birthplace of Allama Prabhu, poet of the Veerashaiva Bhakti movement of the 12th century
- Udutadi: birthplace of Akka Mahadevi, Kannada poet of Veerashaiva Bhakti movement of the 12th century
- Yerekuppi: site of many temples and gardens
- Benakanakonda: Kariyamma temple
- Haranagiri: Holibasaveshwara Temple on the bank of Tungabhadra river.
- Gudihonnatti: Honnattemma Temple
- OM Public School (CBSE syllabus) [Prashanti Education Trust]
- ಭಾರತಿಯ ವಿದ್ಯಾ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ಕನ್ನಡ ಹಿರಿಯ ಪ್ರಾಥಮಿಕ ಶಾಲೆ.
- Sri Taralabalu Jagadguru Institute of Technology, an engineering college offering technical education and professional degrees
- Ranibennur Taluka Education Society's Science, Commerce and Arts College (RTES)
- Anglo Urdu High School (Urdu medium)
- Anglo Urdu Composite College (anjuman-e-Islam)
- Ambabhavani Model School, Doddapete & Vikasanagar
- Edu ASIA World School, Vageesh Nagar, 3rd Cross, Ranebennur Ph. 08373 261556, 9342855556.
- Rotary English Medium School,Ranebennur
- Govt Boys & girls Urdu Higher Primary School
- Sri Raja Rajeshwari Girls School / College
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar High School (Kannada medium)
- B.K. Gupta High School (Kannada medium)
- Municipal Boys High School (Kannada medium)
- Rotary English Medium School
- Lions School (Kannada medium)
- New Era Public School, Deveragudda Road, Ranebennur.
- Vivekananda Primary School
- Oxford English Medium School
- VES College of Pharmacy (D-Pharma)
- Prchina Prathimaka Shale (Sanskrit medium)
- Poorva Badavane Kannada Prathimaka Shale (Kannada medium)
- National Public School with CBSE & ICSE
- S.S.R.R.S. School (Kannada medium)
- Naganadeshwara School, Maruthi Nagar
- K V Polytechnic Diploma College
- Rainbow Residential School(English Medium)
- Nittur Central School(CBSE)
- Al Hilal Islamic School
- Al Qalam Islamic school
- Cambridge public school(English Medium)
- Jain Public School
- Saint Lawrence English Medium School
- Bharatiya Adima Jati Sevak Sangh Arts & Commerce College for Women
- Bharatiya Adima Jati Sevak Sangh Arts, Commerce, & Homescience Pre-university College (Indiranagar)
- Devika Kannada and English Medium High School/College, Ganesh Nagar
- OM P.U SCIENCE AND COMMERCE COLLEGE
- SNEHALOKA SOCIETY'S CHINNARALOKA PRE SCHOOL, UMASHANKAR NAGAR, KOPPAD BUILDING.
- SNEHALOKA SOCIETY'S PARINITI VIDYA MANDIR(SCHOOL), NEAR SIDDAROODA MATH,
- R T E S P U arts, Commerce and Science College, P B Road, Ranebennur-581115
- Sri Jagajoti Basaveshwar High School, Kottureshwar Nagar, Ranebennur
- S S M V ITI College
- Presidency Central School
- OM Hospital Surgical Truma Ortho and Multispeciality Centre,Hiregoudar Complex,Medleri Road Ranebennur.
- Sri Nandi Hospital, behind Raj Rajeshwari School, Rajeshwari Nagar, Ranebennur Ph:083732 68382
- Sri Laxmi Surgical Truma Ortho and Multispecility Centre (Dr. Mudri Hospital) Vinayak Nagar 3rd Cross Mob:9242215990
- Sanjeevini Nursing Home (Karjagi Hospital), Station Road, near Municipality, Ranebennur
- Harsha Nursing Home, (Dr. N.S. Doddamani M.S) 1 st Main 1 st Cross Maruthi Nagar Ranebennur Land Line:08373263583 M.N.9844090980
- Kelgar medical centre, vinayaka nagar, near ballary kalyan mantap, Ranebennur
- SAI hospital, PB Road, opposite More super market, Ranebennur
- Ananthreddy hospital, vinayaka nagar Ranebennur
- Punith Nursing Home, Rajeshwari nagar, Ranebennur
- Sujan Hospital, Ashok Nagar, Ranebennur
- RB Patel hospital, Medleri Road, KHB Colony, Ranebennur
- Nelogal Hospital, Ashok Nagar, behind bus stand Ranebennur
- Banashankari Children's Hospital, near bus stand, Ranebennur
- Khannur Children's Hospital, Vinayaka Nagar, Ranebennur
- Patel Maternity Hospital, Hosa nagar, near Anjuman school, Ranebennur
- Deshpande Hospital, near town police station, Ranebennur
- S.C. Bangalore Hospital, APMC Road, Ranebennur
- Chalgeri Hospital, ADB Road, Ranebennur
- DR Banakar Hospital, Dodapette, Ranebennur
- DR Ranjana Hospital, Fort, Ranebennur
- Shakuntala Multi-Speciality hospital (Dr Shivprakash Tandi, MRCS England), Maruti Nagar 1st main,1st cross Ranebennur Mob:9900756562
- Kiran Clinic (Dr. Prakash N Surve), Madlery Road, Opposite Adishakthi temple, Ranebennur
- Belavigi hospital, gourishankar nagar, rnr ph no- (08373 ) 262488
- Anand Doctor Clinic P B Road Ranebennur 581115