Ranga Reddy district
|Ranga Reddy district
రంగా రెడ్డి జిల్లా
|District of Telangana|
Location in Telangana, India
|Named for||Konda Venkata Ranga Reddy|
|• Total||7,493 km2 (2,893 sq mi)|
|• Density||710/km2 (1,800/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu, Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TS-07, TS-08|
|Precipitation||603 millimetres (23.7 in)|
|Avg. annual temperature||26.0 °C (78.8 °F)|
|Avg. summer temperature||45.9 °C (114.6 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||23.5 °C (74.3 °F)|
Ranga Reddy District, formerly known as K. V. Ranga Reddy District and Hyderabad (Rural) District, is a district in the state of Telangana, India. The district headquarters are located at Vikarabad.
The district was formed in 1978 when it was split from Hyderabad district. Originally named Hyderabad (Rural) district, it was renamed after Konda Venkata Ranga Reddy, a freedom fighter who fought for the independence of Telangana from the Nizams and who went on to become the deputy chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
Ranga Reddy District occupies an area of approximately 7,500 square kilometres (2,900 sq mi).
- Medium-scale industries and Cement Corporation Of India (CCI)'s cement factories are established at Tandur.
- Another major company is Hyderabad Chemicals and Fertilizers, established at Moula-Ali in 1942.
In 2006 the Indian government named Ranga Reddy one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the nine districts in Telangana currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
The below table categorizes mandals into their respective revenue divisions in the district:
|#||Chevella revenue division||#||Vikarabad revenue division|
- "District Codes". Government of Telangana Transport Department. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Ranga Reddy district map". newdistrictsformation.telangana.gov.in. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- Law, Gwillim (2011-09-25). "Districts of India". Statoids. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- "Salient Features of Rangareddy District". Rangareddy District Official Website. Collectorate Rangareddy District. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Srivastava, Dayawanti et al. (ed.) (2010). "States and Union Territories: Andhra Pradesh: Government". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. pp. 1111–1112. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "Ranga_Reddy district" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rangareddy district.|