Autograph session with Range Murata at Epitanime 2008 (Paris, France).
October 2, 1968|
Blue Submarine No. 6
Range Murata (村田 蓮爾 Murata Renji, born October 2, 1968, in Osaka) is a Japanese artist and designer, known for his unique style combining Dieselpunk and Japanese anime elements. He is best known for his conceptual design work on anime series Last Exile and Blue Submarine No. 6.
He has published more than a dozen books of his work, some of the most notable being rule and futurhythm. He is also voted "Best Artist of the Year" 2006 in the Seiun Award.
- The Animatrix (The Second Renaissance)
- Blue Submarine No. 6
- Last Exile
- Mardock Scramble (OVA version, cancelled)
- SoltyRei (Rose Anderson's bike design only)
- Table and Fisherman
- Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing-
- Attack on Titan: Harsh Mistress of the City (art)
- Like a Balance Life
- Throw Line
Murata has been designing figures based on his printed art since at least 2007. These figures appear to be substantial (although small, that is less than 6x6x6 inches) works of art.
- Figures and sculpture
- PSE Pro series figures 1/10 scale
- PSE Solid series small figures in sets of 6 (usually)
- Pinky street collaborations
- Wall hangings
- "Silk screen on silk 28x44 inches"
- Jonathan Mays (October 9, 2005). "Interview: Range Murata". Anime News Network. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Attack on Titan Novel Illustrated by Last Exile's Range Murata". Anime News Network. July 11, 2014. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Range Murata.|
- PSE Web – Official site of Range Murata
- Range Murata at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Range Murata July 2005 Interview at J LHLS
- Cosplay Lab interview with Range Murata at Anime Expo 2004
|This biographical article about a manga artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about one or more people who work in the anime industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|