This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Sikander Bharti|
|Produced by||Pahlaj Nihalani|
|Written by||Raj Verma And khalid azmi|
|Screenplay by||Pahlaj Nihalani|
|Distributed by||Chiragdeep International|
Rangeela Raja is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language comedy-drama film directed by Sikander Bharti and written and produced by Pahlaj Nihalani. Starring Govinda, Mishika chourasia and Anupama Agnihotri, the film was released on January 18, 2019.
Rangeela Raja features Govinda in a double role, with Mishika Chourasia and Anupama Agnihotri in additional lead roles. The film tells the story of a strong-headed woman, Natasha, who wants to explore her career. She meets Raja Vijendra Pratap Singh, a business tycoon. After meeting Natasha, Raja Vijendra Pratap Singh's life turns around, as do the lives of his family. His younger brother, Ajay Pratap Singh, leads a life of a yogi and decides to bring his elder brother back on track.
- Govinda as Vijendra Pratap Singh, a philandering businessman, and Ajay Pratap Singh, a pious yogi
- Mishika Chourasia as Natasha, a strong-headed woman working with Vijendra Pratap Singh
- Shakti Kapoor as Padampat, a driver
- Kader Khan as Special appearance
- Prem Chopra as Guruji
- Anupama Agnihotri as Aalekha, the love interest of Ajay Pratap Singh
- Digangana Suryavanshi as Shivranjani, the wife of Vijendra Pratap Singh
- Karishma Kaul as Pallavi
- Karan Anand as Yuvraj
- Aarti Gupta as Shikha
- Govind namdev As Sharma
- Imran Khan as Special appearance
Producer and screenwriter Pahlaj Nihalani criticized the Centre Board of Film Certification (CBFC) for not reviewing the film within 40 days of submission. The film was screened by the CBFC just two weeks ahead of its release, and the producer was asked to make 20 cuts. Nihalani accused the CBFC chairperson, Prasoon Joshi, of favoritism, saying that preferential treatment was extended to big studios. Nihalani, an ex-chairperson of CBFC, vowed to take the CBFC the Bombay High Court over its decision.
|Soundtrack album by |
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
All the songs of the movie are composed by Ishwar Kumar. There are total 5 tracks in the album. Shreya Ghoshal has rendered her voice to three tracks from the album.
|1.||"Rangeela Raja"||Mehboob||Benny Dayal||4:19|
|2.||"Jogi Dil"||Mehboob||Nakash Aziz, Sarodee Borah||3:25|
|3.||"Dholi Dol Baja"||Mehboob||Udit Narayan, Shreya Ghoshal, Dev Negi, Ishwar Kumar||5:00|
|4.||"Jagmag Jagmag"||Mehboob||Shreya Ghoshal, Mohammed Irfan||5:51|
|5.||"Aum Naad"||Sikandar Bharti||Shreya Ghoshal, Ishwar Kumar||4:54|
The film was initially scheduled for release on November 6, 2018, alongside Thugs Of Hindostan. However, it was announced via the trailer released in October 2018 that the film would be released on January 11, 2019.
On December 2, 2018, the release of the film was indefinitely postponed as the Central Board of Film Certification had not yet issued a certificate for the film, which producer Nihalani appealed to the FCAT (Film Certification Appellate Tribunal).
On December 14, 2018, the CBFC finally cleared the film with only three cuts, instead of the original 20, and gave their approval to Nihalani to release the film by its January 11 date.
Raja Sen writing for The Hindustan Times says: "For the love of Govinda, don’t watch this film. Zero star. Even Govinda’s patented pelvic thrusts were harmless. He was never a toxic masculine threat, no vulgarian, merely a graceful clown. Nihalani, I’m sad to report, plumbs the depths to snatch this innocence from the actor. He assaults us with images of a sickening Govinda, a performance-enhancing rapist who laughs in the face of consequences. I emerged from this film traumatised. To paraphrase a Govinda hit: ‘Ankhiyon ko goli mare.’ I want to blow my eyes out."
- "Rangeela Raja title song: A quirky track featuring Govinda and his popular hook steps, with Benny Dayal's vocals". First Post. 26 October 2018. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- Pooja Nayak (30 October 2018). "EXCLUSIVE! Pahlaj Nihalani calls out the CBFC for preferring Thugs of Hindostan over his film Rangeela Raja". Times Now. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- Sonil Dedhia (1 November 2018). "Pahlaj Nihalani On CBFC: They Give Preferential Treatment To Big Studios". Mid Day. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- "Former chief Pahlaj Nihalani to take the CBFC to court". Deccan Chronicle. 4 November 2018. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- Bollywood Hungama (8 October 2018). "Govinda's Rangeela Raja to release opposite Amitabh Bachchan's Thugs Of Hindostan". The Free Press Journal. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- Rangeela Raja - Official Trailer. Gaane Naye Purane. 17 October 2018 – via YouTube.
- "Censor Board Vs Govinda's Rangeela Raja Ends, Film Cleared With 3 Cuts". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- Sen, Raja (18 January 2019). "Rangeela Raja movie review: For the love of Govinda, don't watch this film. Zero star". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 19 January 2019.