From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Rani (disambiguation).
|Region of origin||India|
|Look up Rani in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rani (Hindi : रानी) is a Hindu/Sanskrit Indian feminine given name, which means "duchess", "queen" and "sovereign". Rani (Hebrew: רני) is also a nickname of the Israeli masculine name Ran, which used also by female, which means "[He] sings".
Notable people named Rani
- Rani (actress) (born December 8, 1946 – died May 27, 1993), Pakistani actress and model.
- Rani Agrawal (born June 14, 1991), Indian actress.
- Rani Bhabani (born 1716 – died 1795), Indian philanthropist and zamindar.
- Rani Chandra (born October 12, 1976), Indian actress and winner of the Miss Kerala pageant.
- Rani Chatterjee (born November 3, 1984), Indian actress, dancer and presenter.
- Rani Chitralekha Bhonsle (born February 26, 1941), Indian political and social worker.
- Rani Gaidinliu (born January 26, 1915 - died February 17, 1993), Indian activist, spiritual and political leader.
- Rani Hamid (born 1944), Bangladeshi chess player.
- Rani Karnaa (born 1939), Indian dancer.
- Rani Khedira (born January 27, 1994), German footballer.
- Rani Maria Vattalil (born January 29, 1954 - died 25 February 1995), Indian catholic religious, activist and missionary social worker.
- Rani Mukerji (born March 21, 1978) , Indian actress.
- Rani Mundiasti (born October 4, 1984), Indonesian badminton player.
- Rani Price (born January 29, 1974), English television presenter.
- Rani Rampal (born December 4, 1994), Indian field hockey player.
- Rani Rashmoni (born 1793 — died 1861), Indian activist, businesswoman, philanthropist, zamindars and founder of the Dakshineswar Kali Temple.
- Rani Sharone (born 1978), American bassist and guitarist.
- Rani Taj (born October 3, 1993), British-Pakistani dhol player.
- Rani Vijaya Devi (born 28 August 1922 - died December 8, 2005), Indian princess and musician.
- Rani Yahya (born September 12, 1984), Brazilian martial artist and BJJ practitioner.
Notable people surnamed Rani
- Devika Rani (born March 30, 1908 – died March 9, 1994), Indian actress, singer and textile designer.
- Pooja Rani (born February 17, 1991), Indian boxer.
- Rani, from British science-fiction television Doctor Who.
- Rani Chandra, from 2007's British science fiction television The Sarah Jane Adventures.
- Rani, from Disney franchise Disney Fairies.
- Rani Kapoor, from Australian soap opera Neighbours.
- Rani Kumari, from 2007's New Zealand television Shortland Street.
|This given name–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|