Ranibandh (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Type||Reserved for ST|
|Lok Sabha constituency||36. Bankura|
|Electorate (year)||200,735 (2011)|
|Trinamool Congress||Falguni Hembram||68,529||40.22||#|
|Jharkhand Anushilan Party||Aditya Kisku||10,950||6.43|
|CPI(ML) Liberation||Sudhir Kumar Murmu||2,580|
.# Trinamool Congress did not contest this seat in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||7|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
|Communist Party of India||0||1|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 2 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Deblina Hembram of CPI(M) won the Ranibandh assembly seat defeating her nearest rival Aditya Kisku of Jharkhand Party (Naren). Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Makar Tudu of CPI(M) defeated Gopinath Saren of JMM in 2001. Deblina Hembram of CPI(M) defeated Anil Hansda of Congress in 1996. Arati Hembram of CPI(M) defeated Sudarsan Baskey of Congress in 1991. Rampada Mandi of CPI(M) defeated Jaleswar Saren, Independent, in 1982. Suchand Soren of CPI(M) defeated Jadunath Murmu of Janata Party in 1977.
Amala Saren of Congress won in 1972. Suchand Saren of CPI(M) won in 1971 and 1969. B. Hembran of Congress in 1967. Jaleswar Hansda of CPI won in 1962. Prior to that the Ranibandh seat did not exist.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2011-04-03.
- "Ranibandh". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Ranibandh. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Ranibandh. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "246 - Ranibandh (ST) Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-03.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-03.