Neighbourhood in Asansol
|Municipal Corporation||Asansol Municipal Corporation|
|AMC wards||Ward Nos. 33,34,35,36,88,89,90,91,92,93|
|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Body||Asansol Municipal Corporation|
|Elevation||91 m (299 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Asansol|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Raniganj|
|Cities and towns in the eastern portion of Asansol Sadar subdivision in Paschim Bardhaman district|
MC: Municipal Corporation, CT: census town, N: neighbourhood, R: rural centre
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
The discovery of coal led to industrialisation of the area and most of the forests have been cleared.
The current MLA from Raniganj legislative assembly constituency is Sohrab Ali and current MP from Asansol Lok Sabha Consituency is Babul Supriyo.The mayor of Asansol Municipal Corporation is Jitendra Kumar Tiwary
As per the 2011 census, 83.33% of the population of Asansol Sadar subdivision was urban and 16.67% was rural.Asansol Sadar subdivision has 26 (+1 partly) Census Towns.(partly presented in the map alongside; all places marked on the map are linked in the full-screen map).
Asansol Municipal Corporation
CD Block HQ
The headquarters of Raniganj CD Block are located at Raniganj.
As per the 2011 Census of India Raniganj municipal area had a total population of 129,441, of which 65,578 (52%) were males and 61,863 (48%) were females. Population below 6 years was 15,721. The total number of literates in Raniganj was 88,299 (87.85% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Raniganj had a population of 122,891. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Raniganj has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 56%. In Raniganj, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Raniganj is birth place of famous social activist, Padma shiri awarded Kalavati Devi and noted author Phanushwar Nath Renu.
Raniganj Girls' College was established in 1980 at Raniganj. It is affiliated with Kazi Nazrul University.Raniganj Boys High School was established in 1888 at Raniganj. It is affiliated with WBBSE. Marwari Sanatan Vidyalaya was established in 1912 at Raniganj. It is affiliated with WBBSE.
There is a block primary health centre at Raniganj. Other hopitals at Raniganj include Marwari Relief Society Hospital,Anandlok Hospital,B.N. Agarwal Memorial Hospital,Eye hospital among others..
- Asansol travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, Bardhaman Jelar Itihas O Lok Sanskriti (History and Folk lore of Bardhaman District.), (in Bengali), Vol I, pp 14-15, Radical Impression. ISBN 81-85459-36-3
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, pp 26-27
- "List of Pradhan of Gram Panchayats, District: Bardhaman" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 29 August 2009.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Burdwan". Table 2.2, 2.4(a). Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "The Kolkata Gazette" (PDF). Notification No. 335/MA/O/C-4/1M-36/2014 dated 3 June 2015. Department of Municipal Affairs, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Bardhaman". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "Asansol Durgapur Police Commissionerate". Find your police station. Asansol Durgapur Police. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "District Census Handbook: Barddhaman" (PDF). Map of Barddhaman with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fourth page). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "2011 Census - Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Trivenidevi Bhalotia College". TDB College. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Raniganj Girls' College". RGC. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Bardhaman district". Medical Institutions. Bardhaman district administration. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "Hospitals and Nursing Homes in Raniganj". eFindout.com. Retrieved 6 March 2017.