Raninagar (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||11. Murshidabad|
|Electorate (year)||186,493 (2011)|
Raninagar (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is an assembly constituency in Murshidabad district in the Indian state of West Bengal. The Raninagar assembly seat existed for a short period in 1957 and 1962. It was revived in 2011.
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 63 Raninagar (Vidhan Sabha constituency) covers Raninagar I community development block, Kalinagar I, Kalinagar II, Malibari I, Malibari II and Raninagar I gram panchayats of Raninagar II community development block and Dhulauri gram panchayat of Domkal community development block.
Members of Legislative Assembly
|Constituency||Name of M.L.A.||Party Affiliation|
|2011||Firoza Begam||Indian National Congress|
In the 2011 election, Firoza Begum of Congress defeated her nearest rival Maksuda Begum of Forward Bloc.
|Forward Bloc||Maksuda Begum||75,003||45.79|
|IPFB||Tapan Kumar Hore||2,946|
|SUCI||Abdul Aktar Sarkar||2,262|
|MLKSC||Md. Rejaul Haque||1,693|
|INC win (new seat)|
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||14||8|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||5||1|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||1||4|
Note: New constituencies – 4, constituencies abolished – 1 (See template talk page for details)
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18" (PDF). West Bengal. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- "General Elections, India, 1957, to the Legislative Assembly of West Bengal" (PDF). Constituency-wise Data. Election Commission. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "General Elections, India, 1962, to the Legislative Assembly of West Bengal" (PDF). Constituency-wise Data. Election Commission. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "General Elections, India, 2011, to the Legislative Assembly of West Bengal" (PDF). Constituency-wise Data. Election Commission. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Raninagar. Empowering India. Retrieved 20 April 2011.