রাণীনগর I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Type||Community development block|
|• Total||171.07 km2 (66.05 sq mi)|
|Elevation||22 m (72 ft)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,900/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|• Total literates||109,327 (57.81%)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Vehicle registration||WB-57, WB-58|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Mushidabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Raninagar|
Raninagar I is a community development block that forms an administrative division in Domkol subdivision of Murshidabad district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Islampur police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Goas. It is located 29 km from Baharampur, the district headquarters.
Islampur is located at
Raninagar I CD Block is bounded by Raninagar II and Bhagawangola II CD Blocks in the north, Jalangi CD Block in the east, Domkal and Hariharpara CD Blocks in the south and Murshidabad-Jiaganj CD Block in the west.
Raninagar I CD Block has an area of 171.07 km2.
The Bhagirathi divides the district into two parts namely Bagri on the east and Rahr on the west. The Padma separates the district from Malda district, and Chapai Nawabganj and Rajshahi districts of Bangladesh.
As per 2011 Census of India Raninagar I CD Block had a total population of 189,105, of which 164,675 were rural and 24,430 were urban. There were 96,248 (51%) males and 92,857 (49%) females. The population below 6 years numbered 26,532. Scheduled Castes numbered 14,293 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 489.
As per 2001 census, Raninagar I block has a total population of 154,559, out of which 79,565 were males and 74,994 were females. Raninagar I block registered a population growth of 22.22 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 23.70 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
Census towns and large villages
Large villages in Raninagar I CD Block were (2011 population figures in brackets): Molladanga (5,463), Daulatpur (5,931), Hursi (4,315), Purushattompur (6,880), Durgapur (4,101), Pratappur (6,702), Lochanpur (8,067), Moktarpur (9,739), Kamalpur (7,692), Bishnupur (8,320), Tekaraipur (9,232), Dighir Pahar (5,202), Kasbagoas (5,766), Herampur (8,125), Goas Kalikapur (8,384) and Nalbatta (4,868).
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Raninagar I CD Block was 109,327 (57.81% of the population above 6 years) out of which 56,733 (52%) were males and 52,594 (48%) were females.
|Literacy in CD Blocks of
|Farakka – 59.75%|
|Samserganj – 54.98%|
|Suti I – 58.40%|
|Suti II – 55.23%|
|Raghunathganj I – 64.49%|
|Raghunathganj II – 61.17%|
|Sagardighi – 65.27%|
|Murshidabad-Jiaganj – 69.14%|
|Bhagawangola I - 57.22%|
|Bhagawangola II – 53.48%|
|Nabagram – 70.83%|
|Berhampore – 73.51%|
|Beldanga I – 70.06%|
|Beldanga II – 67.86%|
|Hariharpara – 69.20%|
|Naoda – 66.09%|
|Kandi – 65.13%|
|Khargram – 63.56%|
|Burwan – 68.96%|
|Bharatpur I – 62.93%|
|Bharatpur II – 66.07%|
|Domkal – 55.89%|
|Raninagar I – 57.81%|
|Raninagar II – 54.81%|
|Jalangi – 58.73%|
|Source: 2011 Census: CD Block Wise
Primary Census Abstract Data
Though the main administrative blocks are situated in Goas, the main bazaar of this block is Islampur.
Three nationalised banks (United Bank Of India, Bank of Baroda and State Bank of India) serves this area.
It consists of one general degree college (Murshidabad Adarsa Mahavidyalaya), eight co-ed Higher Secondary Schools (Nashipur High Madrasah, Chak Islampur S.C.M. High School, Chak Girls' High School, Nazirpur Esserpara High School, Huda Herampur High School, Pamaipur High Madrasah, Paharpur Union High School and Lochanpur N. K.High School) and one Secondary Girls' School (Islampur Girls' High School).
The whole block is served by Islampur Gramin Hospital which is in poor condition as almost all the hospitals of rural Bengal.
- "Raninagar I Block". onefivenine. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001 – Mushidabad district. Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on September 28, 2011. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "Murshidabad". Geography. Murshidabad district. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 12" (PDF). Government of West Bengal Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- "District Census 2011". Population Census 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Provisional population tables and annexures" (PDF). Census 2011:Table 2(3) Literates and Literacy rates by sex. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.