|Born||4 January 1913|
|Died||15 November 2000(aged 87)|
Ranjit Maharaj was born on 4 January, 1913. His father died when he was 6 years old. In 1924, he met Siddharameshwar Maharaj. The following year he was initiated by Siddharameshwar Maharaj. In 1934, at the age of 21, he got initiated into monkhood. Only in 1983, at the age of 70, he initiated his first disciple, Shri Siddharameshwar Maharaj's granddaughter-in-law. Hereafter, he started to attract an international following. In 1996, he was invited to visit Germany, France and USA. In the following years, he visited these countries several times, and also the UK, Switzerland and Spain also, until 2000, when he died.
Ranjit Maharaj belongs to the Inchegiri Sampradaya, a lineage of teachers belonging to the Navnath tradition. Ranjit was responsible for instigating the translation, printing and publication into the English language of the spiritual classic, "Master of Self Realization" (Adhyatma Dnyanacha Yogeshwar), that are the utterances of His Guru Siddharameshwar Maharaj. These utterances had been recorded by Ranjit's fellow devotee Nisargadatta Maharaj before Nisargadatta's realization.
- The Way Of The Bird
- Illusion v. Reality (2011), Sadguru Publishing. ISBN 9780615156033.
- My Masters voice : Edited by Linda Flames, Compiled by : Murli Raghvan and Translated by Sachin Kshirsagar , Marathi Version Name : Mazya Sadgurunchi Amrutwani
- Chryssides, George D. (2012). Historical Dictionary of New Religious Movements. Rowman & Littlefield. pp. 254–. ISBN 978-0-8108-6194-7.
- Jensen, Stephen (1 September 2000). It's All about Love: How to Have a Better Life. iUniverse. pp. 224–. ISBN 978-0-595-12398-8.
- "|| Shri Ranjit Maharaj ||". sadguru.com. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "RANJIT MAHARAJ | meeting siddharameshwar". www.inner-quest.org. Retrieved 12 February 2022.