Rankin Inlet Airport (IATA: YRT, ICAO: CYRT) is located at Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, Canada, and is operated by the government of Nunavut.
In December 2005 the Government of Nunavut announced that they would spend $3 million to improve the Instrument Landing System and expand the apron.
Canadian NORAD Region Forward Operating Location Rankin Inlet is located on the southwest side of the runway and shares the use of the runway when operations necessitate.
Airlines and destinations
Forward Operating Location hangars for CF-18's
in Rankin Inlet
||Arviat, Baker Lake, Chesterfield Inlet, Churchill, Coral Harbour, Repulse Bay, Thompson, Whale Cove, Winnipeg
||Iqaluit, Ottawa, Yellowknife
||Arviat, Baker Lake, Cape Dorset, Chesterfield Inlet, Coral Harbour, Iqaluit, Whale Cove, Winnipeg, Yellowknife
- ^ Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 27 April 2017 to 0901Z 22 June 2017
- ^ Synoptic/Metstat Station Information
- ^ Total aircraft movements by class of operation — NAV CANADA flight service stations
- ^ Nunatsiaq News
- ^ Calm Air schedule
- ^ Flight Schedule and Route Map.
- ^ First Air Flight Schedule
- ^ Pronto Airways schedule