Ranscombe Farm, in Cuxton in North Kent, is a Plantlife Nature Reserve, country park and working farm. Part of the site is included in the Cobham Woods Site of Special Scientific Interest, and the whole farm is within the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
It has been a source for flower collectors for centuries. Nationally Rare species, Hairy Mallow and Meadow Clary, were both collected from Ranscombe Farm, in 1699 and 1792 respectively. Other rarities include Ground Pine and Broad-leaved Cudweed and at least six species of orchid including Fly, Lady ('Fair Maidens of Kent') and Man Orchid.
What to see and when
- April: Bluebell, Early purple orchid
- May: Lady Orchid, Fly Orchid, Man Orchid
- June: Meadow Clary, Hairy Mallow, Ground Pine, common milkwort
- July: Corncockle, Clustered Bellflower, Four species of poppy (Common, Rough, Prickly and Long-headed)
TQ 718 675 Coordinates:
- Railway Station: Cuxton
- By Bus. Nu-Venture 151 to Cuxton. 
- By Bus. Arriva, 140 - Marlowe Park [Wells Rd] then Elgin Gardens then the Underpass located behind Elgin Gradens.
- By Bus. Arriva, 141 - Earl Estate then Albatross Avenue then the Underpass located at the car park.
- By Road. M2 to Junction 2, Carpark entrance on A228 200m on the right after exit roundabout.
Ranscombe Farm straddles the North Downs Way, long-distance footpath.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-08-19. Retrieved 2007-04-24. Plantlife Website May 2007
- The Independent, 7 Sept 2006, The Wild bunch by Peter Marren, reprinted 
- "How to find Ranscombe Farm Reserve" (PDF). p. 2. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Cuxton Community Heritage Trail info" (PDF). Medway Council. p. 1. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Ranscombe Farm Reserve Passport" (PDF). wildaboutplants.org.uk. p. 3. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ranscombe Farm, Medway.|
|This article about a Site of Special Scientific Interest in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|