Chef Ranveer Brar
|Education||Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow|
|Occupation||Chef, television host|
Ranveer Brar (born 8 February 1978) is an Indian chef, TV show host, judge and food stylist. His television shows include Breakfast Xpress, Snack Attack, Homemade, The Great Indian Rasoi,Health Bhi Taste Bhi, Ranveer's Cafe, Food Tripping and Thank God It's Fryday. He was also one of the judges for season four of MasterChef India, which is based on the British competitive cooking game show, MasterChef, alongside fellow chefs Sanjeev Kapoor and Vikas Khanna
Early life and education
Brar was born in Lucknow, India, into a Jat Sikh family. When fairly young, he was inspired by the local kebab vendors in Lucknow to pursue his love of food, and was also a volunteer apprentice to one of them. Eventually he joined the Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow, for a more formal initiation into the culinary world.
Career (Restaurants, TV Shows & Books)
After completing his education at IHM, Brar began his career at the Taj Mahal Hotel. In 2001, at Fort Aguada Beach Resort in Goa, he opened "Morisco" a seafood restaurant, "il Camino" an Italian restaurant and "Fishtail" a small open air barbeque eatery. Back in Delhi in 2003, he was part of the newly opened Radisson Blu Hotel, Noida. He also became the youngest executive chef of his time in the country at the age of 25.
He then left for Boston, Massachusetts, United States, where he opened "Banq", a fine Franco-Asian restaurant. Banq won numerous awards including the Best New Restaurant in the World by the magazine "Wallpaper".
Following this, he was appointed Corporate Chef for the One World Hospitality Group, one of the oldest restaurant groups in Boston. Back in India, he joined Novotel, Juhu Beach, Mumbai, as the Senior Executive Chef.
He has hosted various cookery shows on Living Foodz (formerly known as Zee Khana Khazana Channel) such as The Great Indian Rasoi Seasons 1 & 2, Breakfast Xpress, Snack Attack., Ranveer's Cafe, and a new show from 30 May 2016, titled Food Tripping along with Chef Gautam Mehrishi  being telecast on Living Foodz. Other shows he has hosted include Seasons 1 and 2 of Thank God Its Fryday in association with Philips India on Zoom (TV channel) with Season 3 beginning telecast on 16th Sept 2016 
Has designed and created an exclusive menu for the MTV India chain of restaurants, launched by Viacom 18 consumer products wing. FLYP @ MTV, the first restaurant opened in Delhi in mid-December 2015 with the next launch in Chandigarh  and the third instalment in Mumbai fall of 2017
Launched his first book titled Come Into My Kitchen in summer 2016 
Opened a restaurant called Mayura in GTA, Canada in 2017 
Featured as a Judge in a cooking based reality show on Colors TV (Viacom 18) called Rasoi ki Jung Mummyon ke Sung in November 2017  He also featured in an unconventional cookery show called"Raja Rasoi aur andaaz anokha" for the channel epic on.
Awards, associations and recognition
- Acknowledged by the James Beard Foundation, New York for his outstanding contribution.
- Received recognition for his contribution to various cuisines by several institutions such as AIWF, AICA, as also the Mayor of Boston. In addition he has also represented India at the WPF.
- Featured among the top 50 chefs in the Indian Culinary Forum book.
- Handled banquets at the Rashtrapati Bhawan and at the Prime Minister’s residence, plus he cooked for several Hollywood and Bollywood celebrities, both in the US and India.
- Associated with the food editorial panel of DNA Mumbai and regularly contributes an article every Saturday.
- Featured in the book Celebrated Chefs of India by Marryam H Reshii.
- Appointed Brand Ambassador for SunGold Kiwifruit in India marketed by Zespri International - June 2015
- Appointed Brand Ambassador for Assocom Institute of Technology and Management(AIBTM) -June 2015 
- Appointed first-ever Brand Ambassador for Philips India Kitchen Appliances - July 2015 
- Appointed Brand Ambassador for Go Cheese India (Oct 2015) 
- First Indian Brand Ambassador for Italy's Bertolli Olive oil 
- Appointed 'Brand Friend' for Swiss Army Knives pioneer Victorinox 
- Appointed 'Brand Friend' for one of the leading exporters of sea food, Gadre Marine Export Pvt Ltd.
- Awarded 'Indian of the Year' for Chef and TV Host of the year 2017 
- "About-Great-Indian-Rasoi". Thelabel.in. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Chef Ranveer Brar replaces Chef Kunal Kapur in Masterchef India". M.timesofindia.com. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Top 50 Chefs of the country by Times of India". Webnewswire.
- "On the taste of success". vervemagazine.in.
- "Chef Ranveer Brar, Sr Executive Chef, Novotel Mumbai & TV Anchor". Hospitalitybizindia.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Food, Nutrition & Science - In the Kitchen with Chef Ranveer Brar". Foodnutritionscience.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- Mat Schaffer. "Food & Recipes". Bostonherald.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "how2heroes » About Ranveer Brar". How2heroes.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "5-Courses-With-Ranveer-Brar". Stuffboston.com. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "The Great Indian Rasoi Season 1".
- "The Great Indian Rasoi2 on Living Foodz". Daily News & Analysis.
- "MasterChef co-judge". zeenews.india.com.
- "Ranveer's Cafe telecast".
- "Food Tripping on Living Foodz".
- "New show". India Today.
- "TGIF Season2 launch". timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "Thank God It's Fryday back on Zoom". Best Media Info.
- "3rd Season of TGIF". TelevisionPost.
- "First MTV Cafe in Delhi".
- "FLYP by MTV next big thing". MTV India.
- "Entertainment has a new address at Flyp@MTV Cafe". India Today.
- "FLYP@MTV reaches Mumbai".
- "First MTV themed cafe in Mumbai".
- "First Artisan Meal-kit line". punjabnewsexpress.com.
- "Celebrity Chef Ranveer Brar and Haute Chef launched first Artisian Indian meal-kit line".
- "Fusion Indian Mithais in English Vinglish".
- "English Vinglish in Mumbai".
- "Explore the world of Australian food through 'tweedeos'". Mid Day.
- "Chef Ranveer Brar's new show is being telecast on Twitter". India Today.
- "Season 2 Of Twitter India's #RanveerOnTheRoad".
- "Twitter India and Seychelles Tourism Board announce the second season of celebrity Chef Ranveer Brar's Twitter Video Show".
- "Ranveer Brar launches book". The Hindu.
- "Bringing the world to the Indian table". The Hindu.
- "Ranveer Brar's new art-and-dine outlet". Mid Day.
- "TAG — GourmArt Kitchen By Ranveer Brar". The Times of India.
- "Ranveer Brar, India's renowned chef, is bringing his brand to Brampton". CBC News.
- "Rasoi ki Jung Mummyon ke sung".
- "Ranveer Brar". Ranveerbar.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Star Chef of the Month". Sanjeevkapoor.com. Archived from the original on 12 May 2015. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Ranveer Brar". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Excerpt from Top 50 chefs of the Country by TOI". webnewswire.
- "Brand Ambassador for Zespri Kiwifruit India". hospitalitybizindia.com. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Association with AIBTM". thehoteltimes.in. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "Brand ambassador of AIBTM". Financial Express.
- "Brand Ambassador for Philips India Kitchen Appliances". pocketnewsalert.com.
- "Brand Ambassador for Go Cheese". Economic Times-Brand Equity.
- "Brand Ambassador for Bertolli Olive Oil". Economic Times-Brand Equity.
- "Celebrity chef Ranveer Brar to endorse Victorinox". Economic Times-Brand Equity.
- "Chef Ranveer Brar as Brand Friend". Franchise India.
- "Gadre Marine ropes in Ranveer Brar as Brand Friend". Hungry Forever.
- "Brands Academy Organized Mega Event "Indian of the Year" - New Delhi". The Telegraph.