Singh in April 2016
|Born||11 August 1977 (age 39)
Preston, Lancashire, England
|Notable credit(s)||BBC North West Tonight
Good Morning Britain
Real Stories with Ranvir Singh
Ranvir Singh (born 11 August 1977) is an English television presenter and journalist, best known for her presenting roles on the ITV Breakfast programmes Daybreak (2012–2014) and Good Morning Britain (2014–present).
Singh was born in 1977 in Preston, Lancashire into a Sikh family. Educated at Kirkham Grammar School, an independent school in Kirkham, Lancashire, she graduated from the University of Lancaster with a degree in English and Philosophy. She then gained a postgraduate qualification in journalism at the School of Journalism, Media and Communication, University of Central Lancashire in Preston.
Singh joined the BBC North West regional news programme North West Tonight in 2005 as a journalist and bulletin presenter. Her first national presenting role came on Good Friday, 2006 when she co-presented Manchester Passion, a live BBC Three play that retold the last hours of Jesus Christ.
On 10 September 2007, Singh joined long-serving presenter Gordon Burns as the main co-presenter on BBC North West Tonight. Former BBC South Today sports editor Roger Johnson became Singh's co-presenter in October 2011 following Burns' departure. While working on North West Tonight, Singh was also a cover presenter for late night and weekend breakfast shows on BBC Radio 5 Live.
Singh went on maternity leave from North West Tonight on 18 May 2012. It was later announced that she would not be returning to the BBC but would be joining the ITV Breakfast programme Daybreak. She made her first appearance on Daybreak on 3 September 2012.
Since March 2015, she has guest presented numerous Exposure specials. Since 2015, Ranvir has presented her own primetime series for ITV called Real Stories with Ranvir Singh. Michael Underwood is a reporter on the programme. A second series was broadcast in 2016. In November 2016 and March 2017, Singh co-presented two live editions of The Martin Lewis Money Show alongside Martin Lewis and Saira Khan.
Awards and honours
- In July 2013, Singh received an Honorary Fellowship from the University of Central Lancashire.
- In October 2015 she won Media Personality of the Year at the Asian Media Awards.
- On 20 January 2017 she was inaugurated as Chancellor of the University of Central Lancashire.
|2005–2012||North West Tonight||Presenter||BBC One|
|2012–2014||Daybreak||Co-presenter and newscaster||ITV|
|2012||This Morning||Newspaper reviewer|
|2014—||Good Morning Britain||Political Editor and Relief newscaster|
|ITV Lunchtime News||Relief newscaster|
|ITV Evening News|
|ITV News weekend bulletins|
|2014–2015||ITV News at Ten||Relief newscaster|
|2015||Exposure: When Pregnant Women Drink||Reporter|
|2015—||Real Stories with Ranvir Singh||Presenter|
|2016—||The Martin Lewis Money Show||Guest presenter, 2 episodes|
|2017—||Eat, Shop, Save||Presenter|
- Guest appearances
- On 27 December 2012, Singh took part in the Christmas special of All Star Family Fortunes as part of the Daybreak team with Aled Jones, Gethin Jones, Dr. Hilary Jones and Richard Arnold.
- In December 2013, Singh appeared in a Christmas edition of University Challenge on BBC Two. She was a part of the Lancaster University team who beat the University of Kent in their heat. As one of the four highest-scoring winning sides, they reached the semi-finals, losing 180-145 to Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge.
- On 15 February 2015, Singh appeared in an episode of All Star Family Fortunes with her family, playing against Fabrice Muamba.
- On 31 October 2015, she appeared in a celebrity edition of The Chase.
- "Ranvir Singh dons hat and gown to become University of Central Lancashire Chancellor". Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "Former Fylde schoolgirl lands BBC job".
- BBC. "Ranvir Singh".
- Ranvir Singh to leave North West Tonight Ariel, BBC, 28 May 2012
- Kate Goodacre Daybreak relaunch: Lorraine Kelly, Aled Jones start on September 3 Kate Goodacre, Digital Spy, 23 August 2012
- "Real Stories with Ranvir Singh".
- AVGudgeon@uclan.ac.uk, Alison Gudgeon,. "Archive - News -".
- Welch, Tricia (3 August 2014). "In the closet with Good Morning Britain presenter Ranvir Singh".
- "Real Stories With Ranvir Singh".
- "Pre-registration for ALL STAR FAMILY FORTUNES from SRO Audiences".
- "The Chase: Celebrity Special Episode 2".