Rao Remala is an Indian software developer, angel investor, and philanthropist. He was the first Indian to be hired at Microsoft in 1981. He was one of the lead developers of the first version of Microsoft Windows. He holds a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from NIT Warangal. Prior to joining Microsoft, he worked at HCL. He is currently an angel investor and philanthropist
Rao Remala was born in T Kothapalem village Nagayalanka Mandalam in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh to a peasant family. He has a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from REC Warangal and master's degree from IIT Kanpur.
- LIFS. "Rao Remala Microsoft's First Indian Hire". littleindia.com. Little India. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- Manes, Stephen; Paul Andrews (1994). Gates: how Microsoft's mogul reinvented an industry and made himself the richest man in America. Simon & Schuster. p. 221. ISBN 978-0-671-88074-3.
- Allan, Roy A. (2001). A history of the personal computer: the people and the technology. Allan Publishing. p. 40. ISBN 978-0-9689108-0-1.
- "Rao V. Remala Executive profile & Biography - Business week". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- Chidanand, Rajghattal. "Dil da maamla or Bill da maamla? Part II". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. TNN. Retrieved 29 September 2016.