Rapal is a BBC Alba music television programme and radio show on BBC Radio nan Gàidheal recorded at BBC Scotland's Pacific Quay HQ. Rapal broadcast its first programme on the radio on 28 May 2001, presented by Niall Iain McDonald. Rapal expanded to TV in 2007, and added Anndra Robasdan and Michelle NicDhomhnaill to the presenting team. In 2007, Rapal launched a contest for the best new Gaelic song and in 2008, Rapal was added to the roster of programs to be broadcast on the new Gaelic Digital TV channel, BBC Alba.
The Rapal TV show now features a strong selection of Scotland's up-and-coming acts and former Radio One presenter Vic Galloway presents a special section on the show featuring his favourites. Acts featured on Rapal so far include The Amazing Snakeheads, The Moon Kids and Frightened Rabbit.
Winners of the Rapal Gaelic song contest
- 2007: The Picturebooks - "Rockonica Bhearonica"
- 2008: Na Gathan - "Ruigidh Sinn Màrs"
- 2009: Niteworks - "Nam aonar 's a Fonn"
- 2010: Dòl Eoin - "An Gairm" (The Calling)
- 2012: The Ramisco Maki Maki Rocking Horse - "Seas Air Do Chorra-bhiod"
|This article relating to television in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|