This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Born in Lodz, Poland in 1949 in a family of engravers and artists, Raphaël Augustinus Kleweta attended the Beaux-Arts in Lodz. He then worked as a draftsman for the Polish film director Jerzy Hoffman, "Deluge" before getting a scholarship (first official student in Germany in 1971).
In 1976 he graduated as a master engraver with Professor Heerich with a Degree of the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts in Düsseldorf, Germany.
In 1972 he was listed in the Who’s Who by Art in Germany. After that, he worked as an independent artist and in 1976 he settled in the Cathare country, Aude.
He designed many medals, and jewellery and has also created many ornaments for the Sheik of Saudi Arabia.
As a painter, he's registered in the official AKOUN book of La côte des peintres-1990. In 1989 he sets up his publishing company, Anima Mundi and so far has published fifty titles.
He has been registered since 2003 in Who’s Who in France and been awarded many international awards for his work as an engraver.
He represented France in engraving festivals in Portugal and China. His books are in famous libraries and French institutes in Europe, and private collections worldwide.
Kleweta died on April 30,2016.
1979 Medal of honor for the wood engraving, (Prize Josef Gielniak) of the museum Jelenia Gora in Poland. Award of the city of Aubière (one of twelve parallel prizes for the whole world for the engraving, on Three-year World of Prints in Chamalière, France).
1995 Medal of honor of the city of Cauterets "Prestige des Arts"- Bronze medal for painting. Prize of the city of Mirepoix for graphic creation. Prize of the city of Fanjeaux for painting.
Represents France in Portugal, Amadora (Biennale de la gravure). Elected by A.M.A.C. (Association of contemporary Art Movement) in 1999.
2000 Mir Art Medal of the city of Salies du Salat, France. Represents France in China, Qingdao (International print exhibition) in 2000. Choice of the Chinese government.
Represents Poland in the European Artists exhibition in Biriatou, France. Choice of "Prismes d’art" in 2002.
Guest of honor in the «Biennale d’Art Contemporain de Navarre» in St. Jean Pied-de-Port, France in May 2005.
Collections containing his work
- Museum of Contemporary Art in Lodz, Poland.
- Museum of Contemporary Art in Düsseldorf, Germany ( Graphische Sammlung Ehrenhof).
- Artothèque of Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Collection of Artists Books in the Nîmes Library, France.
- National Library collection of Toulouse, France.
- National Library collection of Montpellier, France.
- University Library collection of Montpellier
- University Library collection of Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Laverune Museum.
- Pierre Bayle Museum of Carla Bayle (French Pyrénées).
- Mande Library.
- Graveline Library.
- Bagnouls sur Cèze Library.
- Carcassonne Library.
- National collection of the city of Liège, Belgium.
- Ulysse Capitaine Library.
- Kunstsammlung of "Veste Coburg", Germany.
- City of Saint Etienne, "Elsa Triolet" Library.
- Chiroux Library of the city of Liège, Belgium, Official Wallon collections.
- In most French Institutes in Europe.
- In many private collections, worldwide.
- "Les gravures de Raphaël Kleweta - Haute-Garonne". La Dépêche. French. 24 April 2001. Retrieved 11 July 2011.