|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (May 2016)|
He was born in Bavaria, Germany in March 1830. He immigrated to the United States and married Caroline Baermann in 1858. He then lived most of his life in Cincinnati, Ohio. He was Vice President of the Cincinnati Art Club and was listed in the city directory for more than 20 years.
He died in Cincinnati in 1901. He is buried in the Walnut Hills United Jewish Cemetery in Cincinnati.
- Examples of his work may be found at the Cincinnati Art Museum.
- Raphael Strauss worked in Central Kentucky
- Pair of Child Portraits by Raphael Strauss
- Portrait of Young Girl
- "Raphael Strauss – Artist, Fine Art Prices, Auction Records for Raphael Strauss". Askart.com. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- "Lessons in Likeness: Portrait Painters in Kentucky and the Ohio River Valley ... – Estill Curtis Pennington". Books.google.com. September 29, 2010. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- "Person Details for Raphael Straus in household of Daniel Goldstien, "United States Census, 1900" –". Familysearch.org. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- "Cowan's Auctions: The Midwest's Most Trusted Auction House / Antiques / Fine Art / Art Appraisals". Cowanauctions.com. May 27, 2005. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- "Joseph Baermann Strauss Timeline". Engrlib.uc.edu. May 31, 1992. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- "Browse the Collection". Cincinnatiartmuseum.org. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120813040653/http://michaelhallantiques.com/Michael_Hall_Antiques/Fine_Art/Pages/Raphael_Strauss_Central_Kentucky.html. Archived from the original on August 13, 2012. Retrieved March 6, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Cowan's Auctions: The Midwest's Most Trusted Auction House / Antiques / Fine Art / Art Appraisals". Cowanauctions.com. November 17, 2004. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
|This article about a painter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|