This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Slogan(s)||Leverage the buying power of millions of businesses|
|Alexa rank||682,126 (December 2013[update])|
RapidBuyr is a business-to-business deal-of-the-day ecommerce website that provides daily discounts on products such as laptops, printers, monitors, and other business hardware, services such as marketing support, SaaS products, and corporate entertainment, and office supplies. RapidBuyr's subscribers are entrepreneurs, small business owners, individuals who work from home, and other professionals.
RapidBuyr was launched in April 2011 and offers deals at both the national and local level. The first local markets in which RapidBuyr launched were Cincinnati, Houston, Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Seattle, St. Louis, Missouri and Tampa Bay. In August 2011, RapidBuyr introduced daily business deals in Boston, offering discounts on local Duck tours and the Lenox Hotel.
Deal of the Day
The RapidBuyr deal-of-the-day email offers discounts between 30% and 80%. RapidBuyr has offered users discounts on goods and services from companies like Hewlett-Packard, Nuance Communications, Samsung, The Lenox Hotel, Carbonite and Dymo. Advertisers are charged a percentage of the total sale price when the deal has ended. RapidBuyr does not restrict users from accessing deals, and does not require minimum participation, or a tipping point, for buyers to purchase.
RapidBuyr launched in partnership with American City Business Journals in April 2011. In the summer of 2011, RapidBuyr partnered with BuyerZone, which increased RapidBuyr’s distribution network to 11 million daily deal recipients. The company also partnered with TechTarget to bring daily discounts to TechTarget’s 10 million subscribers, made up of business technology decision makers. In December 2011, RapidBuyr announced a partnership with UBM Electronics, expanding its reach to the engineering industry.
In 2011, RapidBuyr consolidated the daily deal industry by acquiring rival daily deal site BizDeals.
- "Rapidbuyr.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- Novellino, Teresa (April 26, 2011). "RapidBuyr Launches Daily B2B Deals". Portfolio.com. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- Bomberowitz, Justin (August 29, 2011). "RapidBuyr Jumps into Daily Deals for Businesses in Boston". BostInnoation.com. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- Boyd, E.B. (April 18, 2011). "RapidBuyr Offers Daily Deals For The Business World". Fast Company. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "Partnership Brings Daily Deals to B2B Site". Publishing Executive. June 22, 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- Bomberowitz, Justin (July 19, 2011). "TechTarget and RapidBuyr Partner to Provide B2B Daily Deals". BostInnovation.com. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "UBM Electronics and RapidBuyr announce partnership to offer daily deals and services". EE Times. December 1, 2011. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- Needleman, Sarah (November 15, 2011). "Today's Deal: A B2B Daily-Deal Site". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 8 December 2011.